Night sights or Tac light??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Night sights or Tac light???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 462 Times on 337 Posts
Likes Given: 152

I like the tritium myself, I have both Novak and Heine on my 1911's, I will be putting a big dot on my snubbie revolver soon. Day or night, these sights just help my old eyes acquire the target much better. Do both, add a laser,, which I am still not comfortable using,, I need more training,, and your Glock should be pretty trick.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1617 Times on 1107 Posts
Likes Given: 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
One of the first rules before going in is to kill all power and phone.
And a hall night light is useless without power of some kind.
We have emergency lighting that runs on rechargeable batteries. You can pick up any of the nightlights and use it as a flashlight. I got enough nightlights to cover a 2,500 sq ft house for under $150 at lowes. The lights can be set to work as a conventional nightlight or only come on when the power fails. I have the lights in the hallway, kitchen and near the doors set to work as nightlights. The rest only come on when the power fails.

I would only get night sights for the pistol. Flashlights mounted on a pistol are almost as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
Dan-fl, I doubt anyone is gonna go through all the trouble to cut the power and phone to break into my occupied house in the middle of the night....however if they do they will be tripping over so many toys and baby gates I'll know exactly where they are, or I'll just shoot at their flashlight.

The guy who broke into my house turned off my main breaker and unplugged my phone lines on the outside of my house before he thru a brick through my French doors

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #14

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Sounds like he was pretty sneaky right up to the part where he threw a brick through a glass door. I guess you can never predict the behavior of a criminal. I pray I never face this situation, I only hope I would react in a way that would protect me and mine.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #15

Liked 1005 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

My Glock 23 has 10-8 night sights and a Streamlight TLR-1S. I bought the light for dual use on the Glock and my AR using a Mossie Midnight Mount (the version with a Glock rail interface). In my opinion you need night sights and the attached light isn't bad either. The TLR-1S is lightweight and handy. It's quick to swap to the AR if needed.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I'm not really a big night sight guy. The only reason I have them is if they come on my weapon when it's purchased. If anything I would just put one on the front. It seems to me like a lot of night sights run together as a big blob when you pull them up on target. I did have a set of TFO's on a Glock 17. They weren't bad at all...but they were two different colors. To me a good flashlight is much more important. All that being said...my work gun has night sights, a weapon mounted light, and I have two flashlights on my belt. Every situation is different...why not be prepared as possible?

Old 02-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 233 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 374

I have a TLR-4 on my Glock and it does give me away when I raid the fridge but I do feel safe.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradam View Post
I have a TLR-4 on my Glock and it does give me away when I raid the fridge but I do feel safe.
If you have to arm yourself to raid the fridge, it sounds to me like you need to toss some of those leftovers. Forget Zombies. We might be looking at Attack of the Mutant Turkey.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

It's has always been my mindset if you can't see your target what does it matter if you can see your sights? On my gun I have both though.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2202 Times on 1219 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Both.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
KG7IL Likes This