Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > night sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default night sights

I must say i didnt really care for night sights at first but now realize they serve more that one purpose. Last night i heard some noise that woke me out of my sleep as well as my dog. groggy and startled i looked on the floor for my gun in the dark and there it was bright as ever just shining from now on all guns that can take them will have them. the gun is a p226 elite. I have most of my guns with exception of my 1911 and xd (bi tone) are all black and are not as easy to find. (my nightstand is being used for the tv at the moment) other wise it wouldn't be in the floor

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Good to know, I've been looking at a P226 w/nightsights myself ever since my xdM plans got california'd.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 05-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have bought several guns with night sights and have added night sights to several more guns.

I got used to them in doing police work - they are very important at dusk.

As I got older they help even more.

Any gun you self defend with should have them.

Nice Sig

Old 05-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have had night sights put on every CC pistol I have owned over the past several years. Besides the expense I've never heard of a reasonable disavantage of using them . IMHO the advantages makes the expense money well spent.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

im kinda the opposite. i dont care for nght sights. they are difficult for me to pick up in dim light that is still too bright to see the glow. in day light or bright light i dont need them. in dark i prefer not having the glow obscuring what little can be seen.

just my opinion

Old 05-03-2010, 03:39 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Try the Tru-Glo TFO sights. The are fiber optic for daytime but they are also tritium so they glow at night. I put them on my duty carry and the first time that I had to draw it and cover a bldg after putting them on was during the day. There I was covering the building, looking for bad guys and thinking, boy I really like these sights. I had no problem picking them up in the daylight. Mine are green front and yellow rear.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

My kimber has night sights and I really like them. It's the first pistol I've had with them and would recommend them for anyone.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #8

I agree with the night sights. I ordered a set of meprolight for my XD a few months ago but can't find anyone local who will install them.
I did, however, just pick up a FNP-45 tactical that has the raised Trijicon night sights and I am in love! I am re-doubling my efforts to find a smith who will hook up my XD.

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 05-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #9

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
I agree with the night sights. I ordered a set of meprolight for my XD a few months ago but can't find anyone local who will install them.
I am re-doubling my efforts to find a smith who will hook up my XD.
I'm telling you, like before, it's doubtful that you're going to find a smith in Augusta who has the equipment for the XD sights. The cost - return ratio is just not there for most of them when it comes to the expensive equipment they need for the XD.

Your best bet is to send the slide and sights to Springfield and let them do it for you. That's what I did.....about $70.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #10

Always raining on my parade lonyaeger! lol.
I know the guys at Blankenship are working on getting a press to do this type of work, I'm just going to hold off until that or until I have another pistol I'm comfortable carrying and can part with the XD for long enough to send it to SA.
But! Back to the topic, I still love night sights!

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle