Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   night sights (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/night-sights-26720/)

gunsavy 05-02-2010 07:09 PM

night sights

1 Attachment(s)
I must say i didnt really care for night sights at first but now realize they serve more that one purpose. Last night i heard some noise that woke me out of my sleep as well as my dog. groggy and startled i looked on the floor for my gun in the dark and there it was bright as ever just shining from now on all guns that can take them will have them. the gun is a p226 elite. I have most of my guns with exception of my 1911 and xd (bi tone) are all black and are not as easy to find. (my nightstand is being used for the tv at the moment) other wise it wouldn't be in the floor

TheDaggle 05-02-2010 08:45 PM

Good to know, I've been looking at a P226 w/nightsights myself ever since my xdM plans got california'd.:(

Don Davis 05-02-2010 09:13 PM

I have bought several guns with night sights and have added night sights to several more guns.

I got used to them in doing police work - they are very important at dusk.

As I got older they help even more.

Any gun you self defend with should have them.

Nice Sig :D

:cool:

WDB 05-03-2010 12:55 AM

I have had night sights put on every CC pistol I have owned over the past several years. Besides the expense I've never heard of a reasonable disavantage of using them . IMHO the advantages makes the expense money well spent.

JonM 05-03-2010 01:39 AM

im kinda the opposite. i dont care for nght sights. they are difficult for me to pick up in dim light that is still too bright to see the glow. in day light or bright light i dont need them. in dark i prefer not having the glow obscuring what little can be seen.

just my opinion

Glasshartt 05-03-2010 03:39 AM

Try the Tru-Glo TFO sights. The are fiber optic for daytime but they are also tritium so they glow at night. I put them on my duty carry and the first time that I had to draw it and cover a bldg after putting them on was during the day. There I was covering the building, looking for bad guys and thinking, boy I really like these sights. I had no problem picking them up in the daylight. Mine are green front and yellow rear.

Gojubrian 05-03-2010 07:18 AM

My kimber has night sights and I really like them. It's the first pistol I've had with them and would recommend them for anyone. :cool:

SGT_Calle 05-08-2010 02:42 PM

I agree with the night sights. I ordered a set of meprolight for my XD a few months ago but can't find anyone local who will install them.
I did, however, just pick up a FNP-45 tactical that has the raised Trijicon night sights and I am in love! I am re-doubling my efforts to find a smith who will hook up my XD.

lonyaeger 05-08-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT_Calle (Post 282405)
I agree with the night sights. I ordered a set of meprolight for my XD a few months ago but can't find anyone local who will install them.
I am re-doubling my efforts to find a smith who will hook up my XD.

I'm telling you, like before, it's doubtful that you're going to find a smith in Augusta who has the equipment for the XD sights. The cost - return ratio is just not there for most of them when it comes to the expensive equipment they need for the XD.

Your best bet is to send the slide and sights to Springfield and let them do it for you. That's what I did.....about $70.

SGT_Calle 05-08-2010 03:15 PM

Always raining on my parade lonyaeger! lol.
I know the guys at Blankenship are working on getting a press to do this type of work, I'm just going to hold off until that or until I have another pistol I'm comfortable carrying and can part with the XD for long enough to send it to SA.
But! Back to the topic, I still love night sights!