Night Sights? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Night Sights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glad you said that JD it was what I was thinking just not as eloquent as I would have typed it out.
I was actually channeling Tango when I was composing that, but I had to rewrite it a couple of times in order to make it worthy to print.

Thanks for the support bro!

JD

Old 09-23-2009, 03:35 AM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I can tell you this, I don't NEED to listen to a bunch of you bitch about something that is someone's right to spend their money on, from a standpoint of "I know more than you"...

This whole thread is one bigot's opinion against another....

Since when were any of you qualified to tell someone how to spend their own money??
uh...news flash hero, this thread is about opinions, and opinions only. Spend your money as you see fit, I couldn't care less. I gave my opinion, and if you don't like it, you can go ahead and take a time out.

My opinion is, night sights are a "nice to have" item. They are not needed in the least bit, BUT I will add, if you really want them, they won't hurt your pistols performance in the least bit.

Quote:
However, don't sit there and tell people they serve no purpose, because none of you have been everywhere and none of you have done everything.
I will tell my opinion based on MY experience. Take it as you will. You haven't done everything and been everywhere either. Get off the high horse and join us........

Quote:
People listen to what you have to say.

Perhaps you might want to consider that before your next "Submit Reply"

JD
Wise words. You should study that little nugget of wisdom to see how your last post kinda did the exact opposite of that statement.

Opinions are opinions. Night sights are like tactical lights, and tactical lasers, and compensators, and suppressors, etc, etc, etc.......

None of those items are NEEDED. They can enhance the firearms performance, you bet! The question was are they needed or not.

MY (repeat MY) opinion is no they are not needed. Don't call out my opinion as baseless bickering because it differs from yours.

Chill out for cryin out loud............you havin a bad day or something?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:48 AM   #33

Liked 1436 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Point taken JD.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 AM   #34

With the odds being greater that if you ever have to fight for your life with a firearm it will be in limited or low light...why wouldn't someone equip their firearm with a night fighting capability and train to use them well?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #35

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Most firearms out there do not have night sights from the factory (unless it's part of a package, per se). If it was a needed item, that would not be the case.

Night sights enhance, plain and simple. It's not a bad thing to have them. It's not a bad thing to not have them either.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #36

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

I absolutely agree with JD on one point - us experienced old farts must make sure WE do not pass along our opinions as facts. I looked over my posts in this thread and don't think I crossed the line - but I was close.

The term "need" is different for everyone and how YOU need YOUR guns equipped is a very personal issue. I still do not need night sights on my handguns - but others may find them necessary...

Old 09-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 13

DAMMIT!

I was off-line for a few days... and the SHTF over the definition of "need" or there about. For what it's worth, I have seen many people put night-sights on, only to remove them later on. Some people thrive on GADGETS and that's OK. Someone has to keep the economy alive.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #38

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

The thing I actually dislike about night sights is the lack of contrast during the day. Some have the teeny white ring around the tritium tube - but its still much easier to see a nice white dot.

My son had a Glock 19 with Truglo TFO's once and these were impressive as you got the benefits of fiber-optics and night sights in the same package...

Old 07-08-2010, 01:16 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
All right smarty pants. Where should I have got the glow in the dark paint from except K-Mart
go here and get them done like this: