Next purchase. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Next purchase.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 5

Well it's been a long time since I have been on line. I have recently started handgun shooting after jumping through all the hoops here in Canada. I have to say its amazing how fast one can fill up a gun safe. My most recent was a S&W M&P 40. I must say I absolutely love this pistol. Cost was good in the field carry kit with blade tech holster, dual mag holder, 3 mags and interchangeable palm swells. Smooth trigger nice balance and feel. The only problem is the girlfriend likes shooting it to so I usually end up shooting my old Ruger 9mm. I ordered her a new M&P 9mm for her birthday. Hopefully I will get my 40 back.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Hahaha good deal

Old 08-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #23

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY64
Well it's been a long time since I have been on line. I have recently started handgun shooting after jumping through all the hoops here in Canada. I have to say its amazing how fast one can fill up a gun safe. My most recent was a S&W M&P 40. I must say I absolutely love this pistol. Cost was good in the field carry kit with blade tech holster, dual mag holder, 3 mags and interchangeable palm swells. Smooth trigger nice balance and feel. The only problem is the girlfriend likes shooting it to so I usually end up shooting my old Ruger 9mm. I ordered her a new M&P 9mm for her birthday. Hopefully I will get my 40 back.
Its kind of a fantasy of mine to have a cabin in canada one day. For a non res what is the process or bringing in a handgun or long gun?

Old 08-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #24

Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF

Its kind of a fantasy of mine to have a cabin in canada one day. For a non res what is the process or bringing in a handgun or long gun?
Well to be honest I'm not quite sure. I do travel in to MN quite a bit and the next time I pass through Canadian Customs I will inquire and forward the information on to you.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #25

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY64

Well to be honest I'm not quite sure. I do travel in to MN quite a bit and the next time I pass through Canadian Customs I will inquire and forward the information on to you.
Thank you, i appreciate that.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Sig, you can't go wrong with a Sig!
Agree 100%. Try a Sig P226, if you can find one with a DAK trigger I think you will really like it. Its a very smooth DAO 6.5lb pull.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 08-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I am looking at a M&P Shield in 9 mm. A LGS had a sale (they had stock and sold them at list price) and allowed us to shoot it. Five shots and it really shot nice.

The alternative is a Walther PPQ in 9. I want to shoot that first. Less of a carry gun, but I understand it is a great shooter.

I was thinking of a 40, but why have to have more ammo calibres on hand. I already have nines.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #28

Liked 920 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymmonds View Post
I have two pistols under my belt. A .45 1911, and a 9mm Px4. My plan is to have a gun in every caliber. My next one will be a .40 cal for a conceal carry. Looking at an FNX-40 or a CZ P-07. But my fiancé won't let me get one till after we're married. So I have ten months to save up and make my decision. Since new guns are constantly coming out, my mind is likely to change. Just want to get some opinions from everyone on different guns. Some I may not have looked at or even thought of.

Any experiences good and bad will be much appreciated. Please let me know.

PS. Pictures would be good to. I like to combine quality with looks.
1st thing you need to do is dump your Fiance as quick as you can. A man should be able to get whatever he wants when he wants if he can afford it. I make most of the money and pay most of the bills so whatever I want to get is MY decision not hers. My wife takes care of the house and I help her some but my bass boat, fishing gear, guns, tree stands, or anything else is none of her business. If she doesn't like that then leave. I'm not mean and support my wife in anything she wants to do but, but if she tells you what you can do now I feel sorry for you after you get married.

USMC 74-78

Old 08-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #29

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller

1st thing you need to do is dump your Fiance as quick as you can. A man should be able to get whatever he wants when he wants if he can afford it. I make most of the money and pay most of the bills so whatever I want to get is MY decision not hers. My wife takes care of the house and I help her some but my bass boat, fishing gear, guns, tree stands, or anything else is none of her business. If she doesn't like that then leave. I'm not mean and support my wife in anything she wants to do but, but if she tells you what you can do now I feel sorry for you after you get married.
It sounds like you are a great catch! That's real nice that you would give up your companion over a boat!!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #30

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

It sounds like you are a great catch! That's real nice that you would give up your companion over a boat!!
I agree with fathead. We need to save up money anyway. Sometimes you gotta slow down at look at your priorities. I already have 2 guns anyway. They will make due until then. Plus I can examine and do research before I purchase my next one. And possibly make plans for the one after that.