Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > next pistol....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default next pistol....

ok so i have narrowed it down to a 1911 (not sure wich one) or a desert eagle (not sure which cal.)

so narrowing it down to those two pistols....both being single action hand guns and both being very well recommended which one would you guys get and why....i am leaning towards the D.eagle but not sure, i would like both in my collection but i can only get one right nowso i was wondering if you guys could chime in on your honest opinions about the two different pistols, and help me come to a decision

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I would recommend the 1911 over the Desert Eagle because of the sheer versatility of the 1911. The 1911 has been setting the standard since the early 1900s, and will continue to set the standard for a long time.

The Desert Eagle can be a fun-type gun and it's popularity can be attributed mostly to it's presence in hollywood cinema. The weapon itself can be finicky at times, and the handling isn't the greatest. Since you already have a large bore handgun, you may want to wait before purchasing another. They tend to be really expensive to feed.

A good 1911 is always a pleasure to shoot, and will serve you well in the defensive department. If "modding" a pistol is your thing, you'll be happy to know that there is a huge aftermarket base for the 1911 platform. A 1911 can be customized literally thousands of ways.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:58 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Get this one!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I would recommend the 1911 over the Desert Eagle because of the sheer versatility of the 1911. The 1911 has been setting the standard since the early 1900s, and will continue to set the standard for a long time.

The Desert Eagle can be a fun-type gun and it's popularity can be attributed mostly to it's presence in hollywood cinema. The weapon itself can be finicky at times, and the handling isn't the greatest. Since you already have a large bore handgun, you may want to wait before purchasing another. They tend to be really expensive to feed.

A good 1911 is always a pleasure to shoot, and will serve you well in the defensive department. If "modding" a pistol is your thing, you'll be happy to know that there is a huge aftermarket base for the 1911 platform. A 1911 can be customized literally thousands of ways.
and not so much for the d. eagle?

Old 10-24-2009, 02:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
haha yeah 50 cal is sweet i mean what do you expect for a half inch shell

Old 10-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

i've got a para-ordnance 1911, model 16-40 limited two tones....forget the two tones lolol. but i can say they're well made and very nicely designed.

pretty good trigger out of the box, not exactly cheap, but to me one of the best 1911 plateform. you dont need to much extra work to get a very descent shooter.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:08 AM   #7

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Jusselin, I think I speak for everyone here. You ARE the desert eagle .50!

A gun so awesome it even looks good in chick's hands!

1de.jpg

1dedm.jpg

Be the AWESOMENESS!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-24-2009, 04:00 AM   #8

Liked 99 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:04 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's not just some chick, that's Demi Moore and she's hot...

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-24-2009, 04:37 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

DE .50 is the best choice...if you had to ask but I expect you already know.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.