Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Next handgun ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19935 Times on 11330 Posts
Likes Given: 50256

Jeff, my best advice is this. wrap your hand around as many as you can. find something that fits your hand well. the one that fits your hand the best, is usually the one you will shoot the most accurately.

also check out used pistols as well. hit the pawn shops and gun shops. many times you can find some lightly used pistols at a significant savings over new.

if for SD or carry, practice and then practice more. i have a motto, even a bad day at the range still beats a good day at work!

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 07-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #22

Liked 77 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Jeff, my best advice is this. wrap your hand around as many as you can. find something that fits your hand well. the one that fits your hand the best, is usually the one you will shoot the most accurately.

also check out used pistols as well. hit the pawn shops and gun shops. many times you can find some lightly used pistols at a significant savings over new.

if for SD or carry, practice and then practice more. i have a motto, even a bad day at the range still beats a good day at work!
no argument here. had a bad day at work bad day at the range still felt way better when i left. and yea ill be visiting a few stores around here when i get my next check and looking into some guns. thanks bud
  • Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence

Guns Owned

Para USA 1911 EXPERT .45ACP

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP

For reviews on various products check out my youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hellfire198362

CCW map

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php
People Like This 
Old 07-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkaiser1989 View Post
no argument here. had a bad day at work bad day at the range still felt way better when i left. and yea ill be visiting a few stores around here when i get my next check and looking into some guns. thanks bud
you're welcome! just here to help if possible.
jeffkaiser1989 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #24

Quote:
you're welcome! just here to help if possible.
See as it was my first purchase... I made a mistake the first time i went with a I.O.INC HELLCAT II .380 damn thing broke when i got it home after 8 weeks and next to no contact from the manufacture i called they ignored them i emailed they ignored them i finnaly got it back brand new gun broke again in the store. I got a refund and bought the sig instead and this one is actually worth the money i paid for it. So i learned dont be cheap with a firearm.
  • Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence

Guns Owned

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP

CCW map

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #25

Quote:
See as it was my first purchase... I made a mistake the first time i went with a I.O.INC HELLCAT II .380 damn thing broke when i got it home after 8 weeks and next to no contact from the manufacture i called they ignored them i emailed they ignored them i finnaly got it back brand new gun broke again in the store. I got a refund and bought the sig instead and this one is actually worth the money i paid for it. So i learned dont be cheap with a firearm.
another bit of advice, there is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. i will buy an inexpensive firearm, but i won't buy a cheap one.

if you find something that appeals to you, but are unsure about whether it's a good firearm or if the price being asked is reasonable, ask us here first. with as many members here on the forum, (45,000 plus members!) there is bound to be at least one member that has some experiance with just about anything.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #26

Quote:
another bit of advice, there is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. i will buy an inexpensive firearm, but i won't buy a cheap one.

if you find something that appeals to you, but are unsure about whether it's a good firearm or if the price being asked is reasonable, ask us here first. with as many members here on the forum, (45,000 plus members!) there is bound to be at least one member that has some experiance with just about anything.
well awesome ill have to remember that
  • Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence

Guns Owned

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP

CCW map

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #27

Quote:
well awesome ill have to remember that
Jeff, even as many firearms as i have been around, shot or owned over the years, there are many, many more that i have no knowledge of, or experiance with. but without a doubt, i am pretty sure there is at least one member here that does have some experiance with something i might be interested in. also gun values can change and many times even i will refer to the members here for advice on prices or thoughts on something i am unsure of. some members here are kind of specific in their areas of interest on firearms and some have lots of general knowledge of many different types and platforms.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:09 AM   #28
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2787 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Jeff, even as many firearms as i have been around, shot or owned over the years, there are many, many more that i have no knowledge of, or experiance with. but without a doubt, i am pretty sure there is at least one member here that does have some experiance with something i might be interested in. also gun values can change and many times even i will refer to the members here for advice on prices or thoughts on something i am unsure of. some members here are kind of specific in their areas of interest on firearms and some have lots of general knowledge of many different types and platforms.
Jeff: since you brought up the PX-4, the 92 compact is not much bigger, and you can get a decent used one for around $375 to$400
. If it has to be new, Chiappa makes 92 clones for $499. I have their M9-22, coming up on 3k .22LR's through it, with less then 10 FTE's

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #29

Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Hey Jeff. Been down that path myself when my wife decided that she wanted to carry. She is familiar with firearms and is a dang good shot at combat range(21 ft.) She had a choice...her choice between her Bersa Thunder CC in .380 and one of my S&W snubbies was the Model 31-1 in .32s&w. I know it's only a .32 but she is dead on accurate with it and feels very comfy when she carries it. She understands that shot placement is everything.You're on the right track with all of the posts give here but remember it's her choice. Here's a pic of the model 31-1. Best regards Dick

100_0512.jpg   100_0513.jpg   100_0514.jpg  

Ignorance is the most expensive commodity that you can own

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #30

if she has good shot placement with the 32, there is nothing wrong with that. just reinforces my thoughts, well placed shots from a smaller caliber are better than misses from a larger one.

nice looking pistol too!

Anna_Purna Likes This