Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Next handgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/next-handgun-19525/)

JiroZero713 10-27-2009 03:04 AM

Next handgun

Alright I finally broke down and bought something a while back....my new .22 pump action so now I'm good on my .22 rifle aspirations for now. I got something fun and just accurate enough...and something my girlfriend even likes which is a VERY good plus.

But now I'm in the handgun market again and figuring out what to buy.

The subjects are currently 1911, CZ 75 B or SP-01, CZ P-07

I saw a full size Kimber that has extreme finish wear and looks like it was carried like all hell...but it's a Kimber 1911 so it should still be good. Price tag was 425 BUT as I have good relations with one of the guys in there I figured out that I would be 400 out the door in cash for a kimber 1911

Then I saw two other 'new' used guns...a CZ 75 B and a CZ 75 SP-01

The B model is 475 before tax and the SP-01 is 550 before tax. If we go by what we saw before then the Used guns can have about 25 dollars taken off and it would be out the door....but not confirmed.

So 400 out the door for a heavily used 1911 Kimber
425-450 out the door for a new looking and fantastic looking CZ 75 B
500-525 out the door for an SP-01
Also for 500 dollars including tax I could get a new CZ 75 P-07 at Acadamy brand new. The other guns are all used.

What do you think? With the SP-01 and p-07 I do gain a tactical rail.

Gojubrian 10-27-2009 11:51 AM

What will the gun be used for?

I would go with the 9mm CZ's myself. ;)

spittinfire 10-27-2009 12:07 PM

I would take a close look at that Kimber.....what model is it? If it doesn't show any signs of abuse or excessive wear you could always have it refinished. You could do a complete Robar refinish which would be better then factory(includes frame, slide and internal parts) for around $250 if I remember correctly. You'd have a solid 1911 with one of the toughest finishes available.

That's right guys, I'm slowly coming around.

rjgnwdc 10-27-2009 12:33 PM

I'd go CZ this time

I like the SP-01 tactical out of the 4 versions of CZ 75 :cool:

CZ-USA -> Product Categories

JiroZero713 10-28-2009 07:46 AM

Eh I like the SP-01 but now I'm thinking I need a lighter pistol...and a polymer pistol might be the way to go.

For a while I was liking the Ruger SR9 but I think I've settled with the p-07

It's 450 or 500 including tax new and Acadamy has them in right now. I'm going to wait about a month or so to get some cash together as I have a few obligations...but it should be fine.

mbl 10-29-2009 02:58 AM

cz po7 duty

i purchased the po7 when it first came out. had to send it back because the sights were way off and the magazine would not fall out. they sent me a new gun, the accuracy is now great but the magazine will not fall out. disappointing.

Glockmaniac 10-29-2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiroZero713 (Post 179147)
Eh I like the SP-01 but now I'm thinking I need a lighter pistol...and a polymer pistol might be the way to go.

For a while I was liking the Ruger SR9 but I think I've settled with the p-07

It's 450 or 500 including tax new and Acadamy has them in right now. I'm going to wait about a month or so to get some cash together as I have a few obligations...but it should be fine.

i own a sp01 tactical.40 and a shadow in 9mm. both great guns, but .40 cz's has been plagued with issues from ejector springs, well known problems with them.

75b's swallow everything thnrowed at them , and are accurate shooters.....but i would avoid absolutly their P07 till they fix numerous problems with it. i'm a user of a specific CZ forum and i've read loads of complains about this pistol.

all in all, CZ 75's are very reliable,heavy it's true, but built like tanks.

i use my shadow in ipsc and idpa, i couldn't ask for more from a pistol. out of the box, everything is great, trigger, cycling, sights, all very well settled in. you can expect the same from 75B's trust me...

Gojubrian 10-29-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbl (Post 179548)
i purchased the po7 when it first came out. had to send it back because the sights were way off and the magazine would not fall out. they sent me a new gun, the accuracy is now great but the magazine will not fall out. disappointing.

I don't think they're supposed to just fall out loosely. My cz 75b does the same thing. I think it's called a magazine break or something.

I have read about problems with the p07 before too.

AH-1 10-29-2009 03:01 PM

I bought a CZ pcr.excellent pistol 14+1 in a compact package.very accurate right out of the box.a b-day present from the wife:).
pete

Franciscomv 10-29-2009 03:56 PM

CZ 75s are great guns, they won't let you down. However, $400 seems like a good deal for the Kimber depending on the model. If the wear is just cosmetic (i.e. the gun was carried a lot but not abused), I'd go for that one and just have it refinished.