Newly Acquired Pistol

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Newly Acquired Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Newly Acquired Pistol

Just picked up a Nearly New Ruger P90T. Only paid 290 out the door for this beast. Let me just say first that I love the two-tone style of this pistol. It really stands out.

I have already decided on an immediate upgrade for the weapon...Night Sights. Now I'm pretty sure I want to go with Trijicon, but I have a question. Will all the sights designed specifically for the P90 fit my P90T? I didn't know if there was any difference between the two styles?

And also, is it hard to remove the fixed sights on a Ruger? Or do I need to take it to a professional?

I haven't posted in a while, but it's good to be back. I know I can always count on valuable information from the members of this forum. Thanks guys.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2010, 02:11 AM   #2

Good question. As I don't have a sight pusher I would take it to a smith and have it done.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I had a P89 for a long time and I changed out the sights. If I remember right, the front is pinned in and the rear tapped out fairly easily (might have been a set screw on it as well)...

Old 07-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congrats on the new pistol. Trijicon produces excellent sights.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #5

Default night sights

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCobra View Post
Just picked up a Nearly New Ruger P90T. Only paid 290 out the door for this beast. Let me just say first that I love the two-tone style of this pistol. It really stands out.

I have already decided on an immediate upgrade for the weapon...Night Sights. Now I'm pretty sure I want to go with Trijicon, but I have a question. Will all the sights designed specifically for the P90 fit my P90T? I didn't know if there was any difference between the two styles?

And also, is it hard to remove the fixed sights on a Ruger? Or do I need to take it to a professional?

I haven't posted in a while, but it's good to be back. I know I can always count on valuable information from the members of this forum. Thanks guys.

If you would like to keep the original sights maybe your gun is a good candidate for something like this:

it costs less than twenty bucks and there is enough for several pistols if you have some around which need some attention, another thing is since the phosphorescent sights are shaped around the notch on the rear sight the target acquisition is tight and is a lot easier to group some holes at some distant, I personally prefer this type as it easy on my eyes, by the way this is a Kel-tec PF9 and the sights are from glow-on.com, here is the same pistol with just the front night sight: