Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Newbie here - advice appreciated!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'd also add CZ, Tangfolio, Para USA, Bersa, and Walther to the weapons you can trust.

In the middle of the road category I would include Taurus, High Point, and Kel-tec.

As for the crap guns Gojubrian pretty much covered it, but I would add Firestorm and Raven

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 12-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #22

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I know this is a few months old now but I have a follow-up question. I recently was looking at FN Herstal. How are their pistols in your experience?

Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGunz View Post
I went to the local shooting range for the first time and fired 100 rounds with what I believe was a. 9mm SIG Sauer P220. I really liked it and I'd like to go a lot more in the future. Inorder to avoid rental fees and having to go with a buddy all the time, I want to buy a gun. I wanted to buy the P220 because I've heard great things about it and that I could get a .22 conversion kit for practice. But it turns out they only sell it in .45. Can I still do the conversion? Basically, I'm willing to dish out the cash for a good pistol that will serve me many years but I think a .45 is a bit much for my current skill level. Do you have any advice or recommendations for me? Thanks.
For the last three years with my department, I've carried a Glock pistol of some type. A Glock is a cheap but great pistol to have in whatever caliber. I recommend a Glock model 17. It's a full sized 9mm and it is an amazing weapon. The recoil is managable and very fun to shoot. If your wanting something easier to conceal however, try out the Glock model 19. It is also a 9mm and slighty smaller than the 17. Good luck and remember; Guns are like shoes. You need to try different ones on and see which one fits you best.

Gosh MrPeabody

Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 217 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGunz View Post
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I know this is a few months old now but I have a follow-up question. I recently was looking at FN Herstal. How are their pistols in your experience?
Everyone has their favorites depending on taste, purpose, ergonomics. I like the XD line for polymer, have been completely happy with my Sig (P226), would probably call the CZ 75 my personal favorite platform...but there are a ton of guns I've yet to try out.

FNH? They're definitely on the "recommended" list. If you like the feel, you should find their function and quality to be outstanding.