Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   New youtube video I posted of "slow cycle" test of my Hi-Point (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/new-youtube-video-i-posted-slow-cycle-test-my-hi-point-13727/)

SGT-MILLER 05-10-2009 01:07 AM

New youtube video I posted of "slow cycle" test of my Hi-Point

I put this video up in response to another video showing a slow-cycle test of a Glock and a Makarov.

It's not the greatest quality, and it doesn't really prove anything as far as the reliability of the pistol goes, but I think it's interesting.

Video of Glock and Makarov:

My video:

If anything, it's a good time waster...lol.

:)

WDB 05-11-2009 02:20 AM

A much better vid Sgt, keep up the good work.

DogRanger 05-19-2009 02:04 AM

That was cool. How do you like your Hi-Point?

SGT-MILLER 05-19-2009 02:15 AM

My Hi-Point is a great "beater" gun. It's ugly, but it runs really good for me.

So far, I have 160 rounds through it with zero malfunctions.

P.S. I think the reliability of my weapons is due to my meticulous cleaning practices. Being military, I am big on cleaning your weapon right 100% of the time.

dynastyofnext 05-19-2009 03:50 AM

Just one question; when would you need to cock an already cocked gun?

SGT-MILLER 05-19-2009 11:33 AM

Some weapons aren't safe to carry cocked (i.e. the Hi-Point).

The video is just a response to the Glock vs Makarov video. The one decent thing about having a pistol that will chamber when you "ride" the slide is if you take into account someone that doesn't have much strength or is very inexperienced as far as operating one goes.

RL357Mag 05-19-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 107095)
My Hi-Point is a great "beater" gun. It's ugly, but it runs really good for me.

So far, I have 160 rounds through it with zero malfunctions.

P.S. I think the reliability of my weapons is due to my meticulous cleaning practices. Being military, I am big on cleaning your weapon right 100% of the time.

You should try their 9mm or .40 carbine - spectacular accuracy and reliability for very little money. I bought the .40 cal version as a beater and a companion to my Beretta, but it shoots so good that it's actually become my "go to" gun for a short range SHTF weapon. Cleaning is a pain as the receiver must be disassembled to clean the bolt mechanism properly, but like a .22, that's only necessary after every several hundred rounds or so. 2" groups at 50 yds. with peep sights is impressive. A buddy of mine has the 9mm carbine and we had a "shoot-off". His groups were almost identical to my .40 confirming that the accuracy I get is not a fluke, but a function of a well designed cheap gun. Their Customer Service IMO is the best in the industry.

dynastyofnext 05-19-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 107190)
Some weapons aren't safe to carry cocked (i.e. the Hi-Point).

The video is just a response to the Glock vs Makarov video. The one decent thing about having a pistol that will chamber when you "ride" the slide is if you take into account someone that doesn't have much strength or is very inexperienced as far as operating one goes.

O ok thanks for the info just thought I'd ask for the knowledge. I'm just learning about smokestacking and other jamming problems, and what happened to the glock was no where in the book. Thanks for the vid.