Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   New york sucks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/new-york-sucks-62919/)

Sicilian13 04-20-2012 10:54 AM

New york sucks

I did my pistol premit interview yesterday all went well but now I have to wait 4 to 6 months before I get my premit and I can go and buy a handgun, on top of that I have to bring the gun to the police headquarters which is 40 miles away to have it registered at a cost of $10 per gun which is olny open monday to friday 9am to 5pm which means I need to take a day off just to do that....

Polygon 04-20-2012 02:24 PM

You've just discovered this? Of course New York sucks. I wouldn't ever go there just because of their anti-gun policies. Never mind all the other crap.

mountainman13 04-20-2012 02:31 PM

I wouldn't even travel through the state. Lol

glenn923 04-20-2012 02:41 PM

You are right NY sucks. New Jersey is worse though when it comes to gun laws. That's why I moved to Florida.

dog2000tj 04-20-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicilian13 (Post 776668)
I did my pistol premit interview yesterday all went well but now I have to wait 4 to 6 months before I get my premit and I can go and buy a handgun, on top of that I have to bring the gun to the police headquarters which is 40 miles away to have it registered at a cost of $10 per gun which is olny open monday to friday 9am to 5pm which means I need to take a day off just to do that....

Ha, you think you got it bad? :rolleyes: Back when I lived in the NY the process in my home town went like this,

1. Purchase handgun (cannot take possession of it though)
2. take receipt for handgun to local Sheriff's office and submit with permit application along with
a. fingerprints
b. dna sample
c. submit to interview
d. fee

wait at that time was 10-12 months. Now here is the kicker ..... the Sheriff may or may not issue a permit. If issued, the permit was only good to transport the pistol - unloaded in a lockable container, with ammo in a separate lockable compartment of the vehicle in a lockable container as well, to and from the range. :eek: If not issued, you become the proud owner of a pistol that you can never take possession of :o

What was my solution to all that bs - I moved to VT and bought a pistol while grocery shopping ;)

Overkill0084 04-20-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

New york sucks
Remember, they are doing you a favor by allowing you your 2nd amendment rights. You need to work on your attitude, mister! ;)

gollygee 04-20-2012 03:17 PM

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to hear the libs of new york squeal when all 2nd amendment believers in the state, whether they actually desired to own a gun or not, moved out of the state & all the 2nd amendment avocates in the rest of the country refused to ever visit/vacation there. :D

dragunovsks 04-20-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gollygee
I know it won't happen, but I'd love to hear the libs of new york squeal when all 2nd amendment believers in the state, whether they actually desired to own a gun or not, moved out of the state & all the 2nd amendment avocates in the rest of the country refused to ever visit/vacation there. :D

There is nothing in new york i need or want to see, so this gun owner will never go there.

I almost had to go there in a big rig though, had a load i had to deliver on Long Island.....but radiator started leaking in Arizona and truck was down for 3 days so the load had to go with another driver.

JohnJak 04-20-2012 04:51 PM

I'm sure they have the lowest gun crimes with their harsh gun laws.

PlaysWithZombies 04-20-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnJak
I'm sure they have the lowest gun crimes with their harsh gun laws.

Only about 5x that of their 2A friendly neihbor PA :p