New Toy :)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New Toy :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Default New Toy :)

Stainless EEA Witness .45 ACP that I got in a trade and some cash for a lever action I had. Some might bring up the fact that some EEA Witness in .45 and 10mm developed cracks in the slides when using +P ammo like 950fps and above in the .45 ACP. That has been pretty well taken care of by the gun maker in Italy by installing stronger springs.

I have already have a much stronger spring recommended by the manufacture in this pistol and it can handle +P rounds but I prefer and like the 230gr FMJ at about 850fps. I will be trying Speer Lawman, CCI (brass not aluminum cases), Remington, Winchester, and Magtech, before I even begin to hand load. So far this pistol shoots really good. It is the most accurate .45 ACP I have owned to date. It really feels good and point so natural, and this pistol has been a pleasant surprise inceed. When I finish testing different factory ammo I will let you all know how it does. Here are some pictures of the Stainless EEA Witness .45 ACP.

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3106 Times on 1785 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Looks nice, range report?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-31-2011, 09:47 PM   #3

Here is ten shots at 25yds standing free hand with Speer Lawman ammo. All the other ammo I mentioned is on order and and being shipped for me to try.

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That is freakin beautiful!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #5

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Fine gun! I got the same gun in 10mm. Bought it 6 years ago, no issues with frame cracking.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
That is freakin beautiful!
orangello, you are so right about it being a very nice looking pistol.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
Fine gun! I got the same gun in 10mm. Bought it 6 years ago, no issues with frame cracking.

Hey Wambi, I am sure glad you posted the fact that you have a Witness in 10mm and your has just run fine for so long. I really like this one and will be trying different ammo through this one. I will use 185gr Hornady with the plastic insert for in house defense and the 230 FMJ as a back up carry when I am hunting and as a camp gun. Thanks for telling me about your 10mm.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #8

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Hey Wambi, I am sure glad you posted the fact that you have a Witness in 10mm and your has just run fine for so long. I really like this one and will be trying different ammo through this one. I will use 185gr Hornady with the plastic insert for in house defense and the 230 FMJ as a back up carry when I am hunting and as a camp gun. Thanks for telling me about your 10mm.
My pleasure! BTW that is not stainless. It's EAA's proprietary Wonder Finish, some sort of "surface hardening". It is rust resistant but not rustproof. I haven't had any issues with it and I'm not one of the guys that babies guns so it's a tough finish but I didn't know if you knew that.

Anyway great gun! You are going to enjoy it a lot.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
My pleasure! BTW that is not stainless. It's EAA's proprietary Wonder Finish, some sort of "surface hardening". It is rust resistant but not rustproof. I haven't had any issues with it and I'm not one of the guys that babies guns so it's a tough finish but I didn't know if you knew that.

Anyway great gun! You are going to enjoy it a lot.
Hey, I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. Always new things to learn. Thanks

Old 03-31-2011, 10:45 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3087 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 380

I recently bought a Witness Match in .45. Great pistol. If you don't enjoy it, you're doing it wrong.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?