Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New purchase

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FearTheFree7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 145
Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Yes it's a 22LR, wanted a super cheap plinking round to shoot. And I will definitely let you know how she runs. Hopefully soon...I've been working a lot of OT lately to pay for my gun purchases this summer!

__________________
FearTheFree7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
okdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 2,621
Liked 198 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7
Yes it's a 22LR, wanted a super cheap plinking round to shoot. And I will definitely let you know how she runs. Hopefully soon...I've been working a lot of OT lately to pay for my gun purchases this summer!
Let us know.. at least a teaser. What are the guns u going to purchase? *nosy*
__________________
okdonk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FearTheFree7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 145
Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk

Let us know.. at least a teaser. What are the guns u going to purchase? *nosy*
In June I got my first .45 "long long overdue" it was the Kimber custom ll TLE RL. Now I just bought the Ruger and im looking for a Kel Tec sub2000 and maybe an AK-47.
__________________
FearTheFree7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
okdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 2,621
Liked 198 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

And maybe an AR15 too? If it is... Make sure you work lots lots of OT.

__________________
okdonk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 465
Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Default

If you are thinking sub 2k you should also start thinking which magazine format you want so you can buy a pistol that shares mags with it. I am thinking G17 and sub2k... how awesome would it be to be able to load up a handful of Glock mags like the 32 Rounders!

__________________
Werminator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FearTheFree7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 145
Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Already got the AR :-) and with the sub2000 I have been looking for the g17 grip. Purchased a few g18 33 round magazines already while on sale. I have a g23 but the option of the 33 round magazine is to good to pass up

__________________
FearTheFree7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
okdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 2,621
Liked 198 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7
Already got the AR :-) and with the sub2000 I have been looking for the g17 grip. Purchased a few g18 33 round magazines already while on sale. I have a g23 but the option of the 33 round magazine is to good to pass up
G23 uses 22 or something rounders. The 33 rounders are for 9mm tho..
__________________
okdonk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FearTheFree7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 145
Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk

G23 uses 22 or something rounders. The 33 rounders are for 9mm tho..
Yes I know I have one 22 rounder for my 23. I just prefer to get the g17 grip so I can use the 33 rounders. It will be more of a bigger plinking gun for me and with 9mm being cheaper than 40 it factored in the decision.
__________________
FearTheFree7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 465
Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Default

Now that's an economics lesson I can pay attention to... like I said... I gave thrown around the idea of getting a g17 and the sub 2k as my shtf rig... that way I would be able to carry lots of ammo in multiple mags and interchange between guns... not as capable as a rifle but still an option...

__________________
Werminator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FearTheFree7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 145
Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator
Now that's an economics lesson I can pay attention to... like I said... I gave thrown around the idea of getting a g17 and the sub 2k as my shtf rig... that way I would be able to carry lots of ammo in multiple mags and interchange between guns... not as capable as a rifle but still an option...
I hear with the 9mm coming out a longer barrel is like a .357 in terms of ballistics. Not a .223 or 7.62x39 but not bad for the size of the gun. Very capable out to 100 yards.
__________________
FearTheFree7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
new, purchase on a 223/5.56 ?? 69willys AR-15 Discussion 27 02-20-2012 08:20 PM
What should I purchase next M2A0 General Rifle Discussion 7 09-24-2011 03:07 PM
New Purchase Hollander 1911 Forum 3 12-16-2010 12:29 AM
about a gun I might purchase wrightmama General Handgun Discussion 28 03-12-2009 08:44 AM
New Purchase choctaw The Club House 2 02-18-2009 12:26 AM