New Purchase?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New Purchase?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Purchase?

I have been offered a Colt model 2000 First Edition in the original box and a Beretta model 92FA-S new in the original box. Neither of these guns have been fired. I know about the problems with the model 2000 Colts but did that affect the First Editions as well? It is serial num 470 of 3000 made I think.
Would 500.00 each be a good price?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #2

Default ????

I thought there was a wealth of knowledge on this forum. Knowbody has an idea of the value of these guns?

Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2862 Times on 1491 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I really like the feel of the Colt 2000. Great grip. Is it the steel frame or polymer frame version? The main problem I know of is finding magazines, they are non-existant. If this one comes with at least 3 you are good to go.

The 2000 failed primarily because of timing. Shortly after introduction the Brady bill killed the high cap mags so the 14+ round 9mm's lost a lot of their appeal. If Colt still owned the patents, they could make some money on them, but they only had the patents for a short period of time and they reverted to Reed Knight of Knight's Armament.

In new condition with 3 mags, very fair price at $500 (IMHO)

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-02-2011, 05:17 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

$500 would be a good price for either one if they're new in the box. The Colt I would treat like a collector's item and keep it pure and clean. Eventually the Colt will be worth some money faster than most other guns because IIRC didn't Colt stop making handguns for the civilian market? If so, you could later on possibly be in a position to get whatever you ask for your Colt.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #5

both guns are beautiful peices i think that you should got for it. Try to talk him down as much as possible so hes on his toes haha! Good lucks man post some pics if you purchase them!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #6

Thanks Guys,
I bought the guns the same day I made the post, he had someone else that wanted them. I think the low serial number on the Colt will make in valuable in the near future. Both guns are new and unfired with all manuals and goodies. I am not a 9mm fan, but they are safley tucked away in the safe.