New Pistol? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New Pistol?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Like A Troll? Yu Sound Stupid For Talkn **** On A Forum. Wow

Old 09-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #22

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Well, at least we know he's a troll.

Buddy we have members here that would tear you in half literally, and over the interwebz.
So go screw around on youtube or something and let us help those who come here for help

Old 09-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilniko357
Like A Troll? Yu Sound Stupid For Talkn **** On A Forum. Wow
FYI
If you're going to troll, go back to kindergarten and learn how to spell the word YOU.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #24

Wat? Troll? I want some body to come rip me in half

Old 09-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #25

*what......

Old 09-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #26

Yu said somebody would come rip me in half for doin some

Old 09-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #27

Your spelling is appalling.

I am done feeding you.

Good night niko.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #28

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Get a Glock, you shouldn't have feeding issues..

Old 09-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #29

Liked 2127 Times on 1257 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Alright I'll bite. If you want some serious answers to your question the folks here need to know a few things to be able to give you good advice.

It looks like someone trying to pick an internet fight when someone asks a very general question with no background info, and no real goal in mind to give direction to the information requested. Guns and calibers become very personal to some folks and some of us take the information and data pretty serious, because a carry gun can mean life or death. Then we end up fighting a lot of internet, movie, and media myths. So dealing with people just trying to stir the pot on an informational forum can be a pain in our butts.

So, I would like to offer you a chance to get some great info if you can help us narrow your search for information. So here com some basic questions that should help.

What do you want to do with the gun?
(there are gund geared for defense, guns geared to target shooting, guns designed for combat environments, and guns for hunting. Some are even more specialized to maximize concealment, or some for dangerous game animals. Sou you can see there is a lot of ground to cover if we don't narrow this down.)

What is your level of experience shooting?
(Some of these more specialized guns can be more expensive to buy and can also be more difficult to get good accuracy with for a new shooter, and can frustrate a new shooter right from the beginning. You did say this was going to be a first gun, but that doesn't mean that you don't have exerience shooting them.)

What is the budget you are trying to stay in?
There are guns that are complete crap, but are cheap, while there are inexpensive guns that may not be refined, but have a reputation for working well. Sometimes new shooters make the mistake of buyin a gun solely based on price. It ends up being hard to shoot well, it jams, or breaks, or it is so crude that once the shooter learns a bit more he is ready ot move on to a better gun right away. Now that money could have been saved and used for a better gun in the first place. So sometimes buying a cheap gun just ends up costing more in the long run.

Are there any limitations in the law in your home state that we need to be aware of so we don;t recommend a gun that you can't get or can't use due to your age, or permit requirements?
Laws vary so much from state to state, and the internet allows info to come form lots of places with rules that may or may not apply in your state.

If you can give us some good clear info in those areas we should be able to help you out.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #30

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Seems an odd caliber to chose. I, unlike most, have no problems with derringers. Use two hands and the accuracy, within 10ft is fine. I can put both shots of a 9mm derringer at that distance in a six inch radius. Still, I never reccommend that few a shot option, no matter the caliber. Get a pocket pistol, like a LCP. Higher cal and capacity in a more accurate package. EOS.

Closed Thread