Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New for me Bersa Mini Firestorm 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New for me Bersa Mini Firestorm 45

As my daughter will be taking over my Thunder 380 soon, I needed an inexpensive carry weapon for myself and decided on this Bersa Mini FireStorm 45. Found one used from a private seller and just got back from the range.

I like everything about it except I kept getting bit by it. As it turns out, it wasn't the slide that was getting me - I was being pinched between the frame and the hammer as the slide cocked the hammer back. The edge of the frame right there is very sharp. I'm thinking I can take a jewelers file and take that edge off.

Suggestions?

12FRETTER

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey congrats, nice gun. I had a bersa .380 that I shot alot and it never once let me down. I regret letting it go, but you know how it is, you see something you have to have and you dont quite have all the money so you get rid of one you already have. Well i learned my lesson and i dont do that anymore. Yeah you should be able to know that down a little bit without hurting anything IMHO. How did it do at the range?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Wow! That looks just like the Bersa Thunder9 UCP I have; I LOVE this lil pistol. I do wish there were some wood grips or heavy duty rubber-coated grips available for mine.

I have not experienced the bite you described. Your solution seems reasonable, but I wonder if a different hammer might be an alternative? I would be more hesitant to change the frame of the pistol than to change the hammer.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #4

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts

JC, I know what you mean. I used to have a room full of super duper guitars. I slowly traded or sold them off to either fund some other project or pay bills. There were a couple that I wished I had never sold off, and kept them as family heirlooms. But alas, it is what it is.

At the range, the gun is more accurate than I am for sure. But I like it, and certainly wish I could have afforded more ammo to practice with as I was having fun with it. But not today. I'll get back to it soon enough I hope.

Orange, Yep, this is the same frame, only in a .45. I thought about taking the grips off and coating them with the spray rubber stuff you use to coat tool handles, like pliers.

As far as relieving the edge, I think I will try it. Although it is blued right there, creating a smooth edge will help both me, and the next guy to own it, if I decide to let it go in the future.

12FRETTER

Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #5

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

Um... stop gripping so high? Lol

Seriously I think people grip way too high normally. I don't even have my hands against the beavertail of mine, let alone so tight that the webbing is bunched up and overlapping.

I think we tend to be so worried about limp wristing that we over compensate with grip. But that's just me.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 840 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I have the Bersa Firestorm mini 9mm and have no problem. maybe it is the way you grip your gun.

firestorm.jpg

JP-USN 20 years retired
Alway keep your six covered

Old 04-10-2013, 01:53 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 397 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 127

I have the Bersa UC Pro 45. Looks like yours without the molded finger grips. It's never caused me any issues. Like someone asked, how are you holding the gun? good luck...great gun

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Have you considered the possibility that it could be something up with your grip?

I think we may need some pictures here.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Have you considered the possibility that it could be something up with your grip?

I think we may need some pictures here.
I'd say he is using high grip. Usualy, there is about 1/8" space between fingers web and forementioned sharp edge.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #10

Liked 1630 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

I have the Bersa 45 Ultra Concealed Pro. It looks just like yours. Mine has bit me too. I am more careful with my grip now. I dont shoot it that much. It is one of my many carry guns. I have pracited enough that I am very good with it. I run a box though now and then but not like my 1911 I compete with. If it bites me someday while I am defending myself it will be a small price to pay for my life. It was a very minor thing anyway. I didnt even notice it the first time.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.