Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   New lube for me? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/new-lube-me-38507/)

NGIB 02-15-2011 03:52 PM

New lube for me?

I've been using Mobil One for what seems like forever on my handguns and I've always been happy. My buddy Silentghost and I are contemplating a handgun swap so last night we exchanged guns so we could see if we want to seal the deal. Anyway, I broke down the Kimber Ultra Carry (alloy frame) I may be acquiring and I was absolutely amazed at how pristine the frame rails are - and I know this gun has been shot a good bit. (BTW, the gun was extremely clean and very well lubed, thumbs up for SG). The lube on the gun was the slickest stuff I ever felt so I knew it was something unique.

I'm PM'd him this morning and asked him what lube he uses and it's Wilson Ultima II. I own quite a few alloy frame guns (Sigs & 1911s) and I must say I was seriously impressed by the real world example I saw in this little Kimber. I'll be ordering some today and I may just become a convert...

lonyaeger 02-15-2011 03:58 PM

Let us know how that stuff works for ya.

spittinfire 02-15-2011 04:57 PM

I may have to give it a look....thanks for the info.

NGIB 02-15-2011 05:11 PM

I just ordered a bottle of the Universal and a bottle of the Grease - both out of stock though. None of the usual places I buy from had any so I just ordered it from Wilson's site - it'll get here eventually...

IGETEVEN 02-15-2011 05:13 PM

Make sure you get the Wilson Ultima-Lube II. ;)

Wilson Combat Announces Availability of The All-New Ultima-Lube II Line

NGIB 02-15-2011 05:19 PM

I did Jack, hopefully it'll be back in stock soon. Do you use it?

IGETEVEN 02-15-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 446028)
I did Jack, hopefully it'll be back in stock soon. Do you use it?

Yes I do use it. In addition to my Amsoil synthetic (Mobile 1) for you and the others. I place a couple of drops on the slide rails of my handguns, trigger assembles and on mag springs. It's just a secondary lube precaution, but mainly I use it on the different wear areas of my rifles, charging handles, a drop to the gas rings and the bolt carrier in the receiver. It prevents that excessive blow by and splatter, and stays where you put it. :cool:

FCross7 02-15-2011 08:53 PM

I was doing some reading a couple weeks ago and ran across this stuff called Weapon Shield. After reading through the website and reading some comments about it on Midway and various forums I think I'm gonna give it a shot. It comes in both a grease and an oil, and I plan on trying both so I'll let everyone know what I find out.

As far as cleaners, has anyone heard of KG Industries? I've tried a few different cleaners including Hoppes and a few different CLP's, but have never really been satisfied. I was looking through Midway and came across this stuff and think I might give it a try. They make quite a few different products, but I think I'm gonna start with KG-1, which is a carbon remover, KG-2, which is a bore polish, and KG-3, which is an aerosol cleaner/degreaser. They make an oil as well, but I'm gonna give the Weapon Shield a try first before I order any other oil.

Has anyone here used any of these products? If so, how did you like it?

Like I'll said, once I get it in and give it a shot, I'll let everyone know how it works.

-Fred

M14sRock 02-16-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCross7 (Post 446154)
I was doing some reading a couple weeks ago and ran across this stuff called Weapon Shield. After reading through the website and reading some comments about it on Midway and various forums I think I'm gonna give it a shot. It comes in both a grease and an oil, and I plan on trying both so I'll let everyone know what I find out.

As far as cleaners, has anyone heard of KG Industries? I've tried a few different cleaners including Hoppes and a few different CLP's, but have never really been satisfied. I was looking through Midway and came across this stuff and think I might give it a try. They make quite a few different products, but I think I'm gonna start with KG-1, which is a carbon remover, KG-2, which is a bore polish, and KG-3, which is an aerosol cleaner/degreaser. They make an oil as well, but I'm gonna give the Weapon Shield a try first before I order any other oil.

Has anyone here used any of these products? If so, how did you like it?

Like I'll said, once I get it in and give it a shot, I'll let everyone know how it works.

-Fred

KG is GTG.

FCross7 02-16-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M14sRock (Post 446419)
KG is GTG.

That's good to hear.

Once the Wilson stuff becomes available from either Midway or Brownells I'll probably pick some of it up as well. Can't wait to hear what you think of it NGIB.

-Fred