New Here, SIG Discussion
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New Here, SIG Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Here, SIG Discussion

Hey all i am new to this site and i normally used to just come here and read up on the posts people would put up while i was bored at work. I have been shooting since i could even hold a gun and now own a very nice p226 equinox (without rail.) I just wanted to see what others got out there and what they have to say about SIG pistols, more interested in the .357SIG round, which i carry every day with 125grn Gold Dot HP's. I look forward to the feedback from this great community!

All it takes for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

sn, 6/11/09

I have a number of Sig pistols, the P-245, 220ST, 239 and 228. Mine are all older models without the rails. The 245 is one of the best carry pistols out there- light, accurate and reliable. It is 6+1 of .45 and takes 8 round Sig 220 mags as well. The 239 is also a great pistol, but a little large for the number of rounds it holds (8 in 9mm). The 220ST is a great home or range gun, but too heavy to carry. The 228 is thought by many to be the best 9mm pistol Sig has made but it is a little too fat in the grip for me (I prefer the SW 6906 in a double stack 9mm for carry).

So in summary, they are generally great guns. I am not impressed with the latest offerings from Sig however. I am not fond of rails, the prices are steep and they were shipping with only one mag until recently when they switched back to two mags. The trigger reset can be a little long unless you have the SRT (short reset trigger) installed.

So mostly good, some bad in my opinion. Still hard to go wrong with a Sig.

best wishes- oldandslow

Old 06-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #3

I just got back testing a Sig mosquito. I was impressed. Its smaller than a standard sig but not as small as a Walther P22 so it fits my hand well. Just dumped 300 rounds through it with no problems at all. Very accurate. Now I have to do some testing of its big brothers.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #4

Yeah, I was impressed by my Mosquito as well. I actually dumped my P22 so I could buy the Mosquito. Yes, it is very accurate and mine has not hiccupped in over 1000+ rounds. I recently purchased a sig pro 2022 and it has become my favorite gun. I have a SA 1911A1, a CZ 75B and a Star Model B in 9MM and of all those, my sig pro is definately the most fun to shoot. It is, for the price, IMHO, one of the more excellent pistols to be found.