<<< New guy - "Have Gun Will Travel" Pallidin
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > <<< New guy - "Have Gun Will Travel" Pallidin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default <<< New guy - "Have Gun Will Travel" Pallidin

I'm an old guy... retired LEO. I used to carry a "Freedom Arms Mini" in my handcuff case. Reciently, I started carrying it again, and noticed the front sight fell off. I'm told that's common. The handcuff case is too noticable and bulky for this, while CCW.

I purchased a mini folding NAA grip/holster and discovered it didn't fit. Damn! So, I'm still looking for a mini holster for this, and need to sell the folding grip I just purchased. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by oldcoplarry; 01-26-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #2

Liked 286 Times on 248 Posts

I'm confused as to what you're looking for. Holster or gun or both? Something to fit your freedom mini? I wish I could help with that. Didn't they make a belt buckle that it fit in our was that something else?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

No you're right,they had a belt buckle it fit onto. Kind of cool really, not sure how practical it was though. I think a lot of people just carry them in their pockets.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #4

@Beyond... well, some sort of holster for the Freedom Arms... or, a new NAA that I can use this folding grip with (anyone care to trade?). Absent that, I will need to sell off this grip, because it doesn't fit my mini. And, I'd like an idea for a way to carry this mini. While my pocket would work, I don't want to foul the gun with pocket dirt/lint. Does anyone know of a folding grip that fits the Freedom Arms? I did see the belt buckle, but they aren't made any more, and the ones available for sale are pretty expensive. Guess, I'll go back to the handcuff case...

Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #5

Liked 286 Times on 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoplarry View Post
@Beyond... well, some sort of holster for the Freedom Arms... or, a new NAA that I can use this folding grip with (anyone care to trade?). Absent that, I will need to sell off this grip, because it doesn't fit my mini. And, I'd like an idea for a way to carry this mini. While my pocket would work, I don't want to foul the gun with pocket dirt/lint. Does anyone know of a folding grip that fits the Freedom Arms? I did see the belt buckle, but they aren't made any more, and the ones available for sale are pretty expensive. Guess, I'll go back to the handcuff case...
Why not slap it in a pocket holster made for the pug? I'm sure there must be one... looks like there's a couple here, aren't they similar in size?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/holsters-naa.html

Heck, I'd think a Remora or Desantis for the LCP would be perfect for pocket carry and eliminate the potential pocket lint.

Personally I don't believe in this pocket lint hype, like most Internet bs that's all it is, but I don't work in an environment that would cause such stuff and I wash my pants inside out so there's never debris in my pockets other than what I put in them.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 01-25-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default NAA Mini

I never played with the Freedom Arms Mini but my NAA Mini works just fine with the folding grip. It would make a fair backup but I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying it as my primary CCW. Beyond and me have already pretty much had this discussion. lol. As the old saying goes, if you ever had to shoot someone with it and they found out about it, they would probably be mighty pissed.

img_1641.jpg   img_1642.jpg   img_1643.jpg   img_1644.jpg  

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 01-28-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #7

Yeah, the one I purchased is a "little" different that the one pictured. I thought about adapting it, but not willing to have a mistake/mishap in the event... I really like the idea a a "little grip becoming a big grip". Shooting this causes a blister on the right thumb from supporting the cylinder. I'll try selling this grip on CL. For the moment, I'll stay with the handcuff case.

Thanks for the input... great forum, BTW.

"Let's be careful out there" - Phil Esterhouse

Last edited by oldcoplarry; 01-26-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #8

New delemma... I have been on line, and at local shops, and can't get the NAA mini. Anyone care to part with one? PM me.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Look on www.Gunbroker.com. there are several for sale there.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #10

Dilemma solved... I put the mini away, and bought a Bond "Snake Slayer". I'm happy!