Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   <<< New guy - "Have Gun Will Travel" Pallidin (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/new-guy-have-gun-will-travel-pallidin-82337/)

oldcoplarry 01-24-2013 08:07 PM

<<< New guy - "Have Gun Will Travel" Pallidin

I'm an old guy... retired LEO. I used to carry a "Freedom Arms Mini" in my handcuff case. Reciently, I started carrying it again, and noticed the front sight fell off. I'm told that's common. The handcuff case is too noticable and bulky for this, while CCW.

I purchased a mini folding NAA grip/holster and discovered it didn't fit. Damn! So, I'm still looking for a mini holster for this, and need to sell the folding grip I just purchased. Any ideas? Thanks!

BeyondTheBox 01-24-2013 11:07 PM

I'm confused as to what you're looking for. Holster or gun or both? Something to fit your freedom mini? I wish I could help with that. Didn't they make a belt buckle that it fit in our was that something else?

rocshaman 01-24-2013 11:21 PM

No you're right,they had a belt buckle it fit onto. Kind of cool really, not sure how practical it was though. I think a lot of people just carry them in their pockets.

oldcoplarry 01-25-2013 07:33 AM

@Beyond... well, some sort of holster for the Freedom Arms... or, a new NAA that I can use this folding grip with (anyone care to trade?). Absent that, I will need to sell off this grip, because it doesn't fit my mini. And, I'd like an idea for a way to carry this mini. While my pocket would work, I don't want to foul the gun with pocket dirt/lint. Does anyone know of a folding grip that fits the Freedom Arms? I did see the belt buckle, but they aren't made any more, and the ones available for sale are pretty expensive. Guess, I'll go back to the handcuff case...

BeyondTheBox 01-25-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldcoplarry (Post 1109306)
@Beyond... well, some sort of holster for the Freedom Arms... or, a new NAA that I can use this folding grip with (anyone care to trade?). Absent that, I will need to sell off this grip, because it doesn't fit my mini. And, I'd like an idea for a way to carry this mini. While my pocket would work, I don't want to foul the gun with pocket dirt/lint. Does anyone know of a folding grip that fits the Freedom Arms? I did see the belt buckle, but they aren't made any more, and the ones available for sale are pretty expensive. Guess, I'll go back to the handcuff case...

Why not slap it in a pocket holster made for the pug? I'm sure there must be one... looks like there's a couple here, aren't they similar in size?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/holsters-naa.html

Heck, I'd think a Remora or Desantis for the LCP would be perfect for pocket carry and eliminate the potential pocket lint.

Personally I don't believe in this pocket lint hype, like most Internet bs that's all it is, but I don't work in an environment that would cause such stuff and I wash my pants inside out so there's never debris in my pockets other than what I put in them.

string1946 01-25-2013 02:27 PM

NAA Mini

4 Attachment(s)
I never played with the Freedom Arms Mini but my NAA Mini works just fine with the folding grip. It would make a fair backup but I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying it as my primary CCW. Beyond and me have already pretty much had this discussion. lol. As the old saying goes, if you ever had to shoot someone with it and they found out about it, they would probably be mighty pissed.

oldcoplarry 01-26-2013 07:04 PM

Yeah, the one I purchased is a "little" different that the one pictured. I thought about adapting it, but not willing to have a mistake/mishap in the event... I really like the idea a a "little grip becoming a big grip". Shooting this causes a blister on the right thumb from supporting the cylinder. I'll try selling this grip on CL. For the moment, I'll stay with the handcuff case.

Thanks for the input... great forum, BTW.

oldcoplarry 01-26-2013 08:12 PM

New delemma... I have been on line, and at local shops, and can't get the NAA mini. Anyone care to part with one? PM me.

string1946 01-27-2013 02:16 PM

Look on www.Gunbroker.com. there are several for sale there.

oldcoplarry 04-04-2013 08:26 PM

Dilemma solved... I put the mini away, and bought a Bond "Snake Slayer". I'm happy!