New guns only
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New guns only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Default New guns only

Am I the only one who refuses to buy used guns? If it aint new in box, I dont want it.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #2

Liked 2046 Times on 1307 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

You're really limiting yourself. I buy new, but I love old guns too. Break out and buy an old Colt, S & W, Ruger, Mosin, CZ....see what I mean?

Old 11-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5812 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 398

i buy new and used. doesnt bother me to buy used. some of the best shooters in my safe are used.

bought a like new cz550 in 458lott for 575$ if i remember right. they list new with the features on mine for about 1300$

got 3 used mosins

a used m1 garand

used 1903a3 springfield

used walther ppks in 22lr

used m1 carbine

all for waaaay less than nib prices

lots more used guns for cheap. prolly half my firearms are used. used guns are often damn good deals since people often fire a few hundred rounds decide they dont like it and sell it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #4

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Ok let me restate that. I only buy new modern weapons. Used iconic arms are the only exception.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #5

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
Am I the only one who refuses to buy used guns? If it aint new in box, I dont want it.

No I'm pretty much a NIB kind of buyer to. I only have one long gun that was used, but it was a 30-06 Mauser style a guy built as a final project for his gunsmith class with "10 shots" fired through it. Picked it up out the door for 148.00 and it's accurate as hell.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm somewhat the same way. It really depends on what the firearm is, it's working condition, and the price at the time. I've got no problem with buying a used Colt Single Action Army as long as it's in good condition and works like it should.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #7

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

I say it depends. My bushmaster ar was used but I bought it from a trusted family friend who was a retired cop. Also my savage .308 I bought used from a good friend. But as far as buying used from a gun shop or online I'll probably tend to stay away from it.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It is obivously your choice to do so, but there is a significant inventory of used pieces that will rival new as to form, function, and accuracy. Used but well maintained handguns, long guns, and shot guns are out there at reasonable prices and with years if not a lifetime of service still to be had from them. My collection is approximately evenly split between new and used and spans pieces from many eras. There really are no "collector non shooters" as all are regulary exercised. I dont think I would enjoy this sport as much if I limited myself to only new or modern weaponry as there is just to much to learn from past firearms and their history. Again though it is your choice and as long as you are actively engaged in the ownership and sports of firearms, all is good.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 11-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I used to feel the same way, new guns only. Then I went to work part time in a gun shop. My attitude changed right quick. There are some used guns out there that are great deals and will outlast your great grandkids.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

There are deals to be had in them there hills of used modern firearms.

Remember when the .44mag came out. There were quite a few to be had back then with ammo boxes missing 6 rounds.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)