Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New guns in the family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New guns in the family

My dad got his first gun back in february, a springfield 1911 champion. my mom decided she wanted to learn to shoot and they went to a safety class about 2 weeks ago. of course she hated the recoil from the .45. So my dad, being the generous guy he is, runs out yesterday and buys her a Beretta 84FS Cheetah in .380. While he was there he just happened to pick up a S&W 1911 (not sure which model yet, it has a black finish and a rail mount for lights/lasers). I'll post pics once he emails me some (They have to wait for the Indiana FFL to ship the guns to a Michigan FFL, where they live) I'm pretty psyched my folks are getting into guns this much. all thanks to me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That's great!! Shooting and collecting guns can be a fun family activity.

Looking forward to those pics.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlue View Post
My dad got his first gun back in february, a springfield 1911 champion. my mom decided she wanted to learn to shoot and they went to a safety class about 2 weeks ago. of course she hated the recoil from the .45. So my dad, being the generous guy he is, runs out yesterday and buys her a Beretta 84FS Cheetah in .380. While he was there he just happened to pick up a S&W 1911 (not sure which model yet, it has a black finish and a rail mount for lights/lasers). I'll post pics once he emails me some (They have to wait for the Indiana FFL to ship the guns to a Michigan FFL, where they live) I'm pretty psyched my folks are getting into guns this much. all thanks to me.
Hey, keep up the good work!

Old 05-23-2009, 03:14 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Mrs. Noids, myself, and our daughter may very well have put a fright into Daughter Noids' new boyfriend at dinner tonight as we were discussing this weekends shooting plans.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Mrs. Noids, myself, and our daughter may very well have put a fright into Daughter Noids' new boyfriend at dinner tonight as we were discussing this weekends shooting plans.
HAHAHAHAHA that awesome. Congrats on your parents. I'v talked my wife to be into takin some safety classes with my but i'm still workin on the parents.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #6

haha, great stuff, gnoids. if i ever have a daughter, guns will most assuredly be a talk point when she brings a boyfriend home.

My dad finally got around to sending pics. enjoy!

pic1.jpg   pic2.jpg   pic3.jpg   pic4.jpg   pic5.jpg  

Old 05-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioroftheland View Post
HAHAHAHAHA that awesome. Congrats on your parents. I'v talked my wife to be into takin some safety classes with my but i'm still workin on the parents.
i have the opposite problem, I can't get my woman to go anywhere near a range! i need to get her a pocket pistol in .32 acp or something. little lady, little hands, blah blah blah.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice starter set!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlue View Post
haha, great stuff, gnoids. if i ever have a daughter, guns will most assuredly be a talk point when she brings a boyfriend home.

My dad finally got around to sending pics. enjoy!
That is a nice collection, and just for your FYI I do have a 7 yr old daughter and she has 4 older brothers, (21 USAF, 18 US Army, a 16 and 13 yr old) who informed us at dinner that she is more then able to go out on a date as long as her date goes hunting with us for one weekend. When we hunt there are 5 (me n my 4 boys) of us and a couple of there friends that concider her there little sister. I FEEL sorry for him. Did I mention her 2 grandfathers and 8 uncles that love to hunt also.

Here is a quick pic of my XD's
010.jpg  

Old 10-01-2011, 02:12 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

That Beretta .380 is a fine pistol. I have the Beretta in .380 with the tip up barrel. Shoots very well, little recoil, and has never misfired. I have shot probably 1000 rounds or more through it and no failures. Easy to clean, easy to load but rather hard to CCW. I think mine is the model 86? Cant remember. Its in my sons safe right at the moment. Using my Keltec pf9 right at the moment. I migrate from Wisconsin to Texas this time of the year, and swap firearms with my sons. Fun to have a variety to carry. I have been playing with a Phoenix Arms HP22a and like it alot. Wont carry it but love shooting cheap! I do carry it around home in Wisconsin for plinking in the woods, and squirrel control. They are winning, but I am getting better! My most favorite gun is my pellet rifle. Silent death to the vermin! I am getting off subject here, but fun to talk shooting.