Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New Gun Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1406 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

FIRST, respect your weapon, NEVER be afraid of it! If you are, sell it, it's the best for all of us.

Second, if you have any doubt/concern with the ammo, ask the range to dispose of it for you and buy new. You can't be talking about much more than $15 and that's a cheap price for piece of mind.

Buy plenty of good 'ole cheap target ammo and shoot the snot out of it!

You'll be a crusty old veteran in no time!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie36 View Post
Hi All. Bought my first handgun today, a Taurus 38 Ultra Lite, new, in the box.. The guy that sold it to me threw in some bullets that don't look so new. I mean, they're not used but the box looks like it could be from a few years (decades) back. I want to go to a range and fire the gun. Um, as a newbie, I am um, a little scared the thing might blow up in my face or something. Wanna talk me out of that? Thanks.
I carry the same handgun sometimes, and have found it to be a lot of fun shooting and carrying. Just a small word of advice though, even though it says it can handle +p .38 ammo I have read that some people have found cylinder bulge after shooting the +p's so I don't take the chance myself and only shoot the non +p ammo.

True story, one day coming out of Wal-Mart with my son a cop seen the bulge under my shirt and asked what I was carrying? I told him old fashion, and he said old fashion what? I said snub-nosed .38 Spl. He rolled over laughing, and said that he also was old fashion and carried the same thing off duty.