New GSG 1911-22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New GSG 1911-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 397 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default New GSG 1911-22

I decided for my 21st birthday I was going to buy myself a handgun. After many searches, and a lot of influence from the forum, I decided I wanted the GSG 1911-22. So the next step was finding one in my area. I drove all over St. Louis looking for one, but nobody had it, and they never even had them in stock before. Then after many hours I decided I would stop at the place in the next town over as my last stop. They had one!! A new guy just took over the shop and I was telling him about my situation, and you know what he said? "You give me some money, and I'll set it aside" Now to most people that sounds like nothing special, but this guy is willing to hold the gun for me for 3.5 months!! I would say that's a rather nice thing he is doing for me considering he could easily sell that gun within the week. Just thought I would share my story for two reasons:

1. I'm too d@mn excited not to
2. There's still good shop owners out there who are willing to work with you.

Now I do have some questions for the people who do own the GSG already. What kind of ammo do they like? How much did you pay out the door for it?

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3061 Times on 1760 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Buyer Beware.
While I can see a down payment of 10%, I would not give the asking price as a down payment.

A firearms auction site will provide some guidelines for price and availability. Is the new guy willing to do a transfer if you found one on the internet?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Last edited by danf_fl; 03-31-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: I left out a word

Old 03-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

ive got one. every bulk pack i tried no ftf or fte on ammo that had enough powder charge. with some bulk pack you get about a 1 in 50 that is under charged and you can really tell when that happens. its prolly the least ammo picky 22lr along with my bersa thunder22 i have. i rank it higher than the buckmark and ruger for not caring what its eating.

i cant remember off hand but i think it was 369$ for the wood grip version.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Now I do have some questions for the people who do own the GSG already. What kind of ammo do they like? How much did you pay out the door for it?
Lay-a-way, ya gotta love it, especially for them more expensive tools.

Mine enjoys a diet of CCI .22lr. I have used other brands of ammo with no problems, but I just like the clean firing of the CCI, and I use the same ammo in the Sig 522 as well.

As for price, ranges anywhere between $320-$360 would be a going price for the pistol, not including tax and a transfer fee.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #5

I've heard will eat just about anything. Does anybody know what parts are interchangeable, and which ones aren't?

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 04-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

interchangeable (colt parts are drop in):
sights are novak cut, sear, disconnector, sear spring, hammer, safety, safety plunger with spring, slidestop (would not recomend using steel or MIM harder than the slidestop it came with), mainspring housing and all it's internals, trigger, grips.

everything else is proprietary.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-01-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #7

So just making sure I got it right, it would not be a problem to change the trigger, ambi thumb safety, and the slide stop? Why not use a slidestop harder than the original? Will it scratch away at the slide?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
So just making sure I got it right, it would not be a problem to change the trigger, ambi thumb safety, and the slide stop? Why not use a slidestop harder than the original? Will it scratch away at the slide?
yup, wear down the notch on the aluminum slide with a harder stop and thats a real bad thing. better to let it wear the stop down and replace it. i would recomend just using the stock one its not bad. if it breaks just order another.

the trigger is actually pretty decent. what your gonna want to change to improve the pull is the sear disconnector and sear spring. you will possibly need to fit those parts depending on the safety you swap out. my colt parts drop right in.

the gsg 1911-22 is patterned off the colt government 1911 this is the pattern used for the series 70,80,90 1911s. they are cnc made so the tolerances are very good.

oh and the gripsafety is interchangeable. forgot that one.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #9

I am considering putting on a new trigger and thumb safety for cosmetic reasons, and I wanted an extended slide stop. This will be my one and only 1911 for quite some time, so I really want to make it to my liking. I am not worried about the quality of the parts already put in there, but I want to make sure upgrading won't hurt, and if it's possible.