Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetman View Post
Other than the Beretta 96 and trying out a friends G27, I have not had much experience with a .40.....I'm more of a .45acp guy (garage, attic, closet, etc is full of brass!!).
I don't like the 40 S&W, it's just not a comfortable round to shoot. It has the stopping power needed but just not a fun caliber to shoot.

I can shoot 45ACP all day and not have an issue. The same can be said of the 9mm but the 40 is a much snappier round and after 3-4 mags I'm ready to go and get an ice-tea.

You have a nice gun there, and I hope you enjoy it. Keep us in the loop with a range report.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-29-2010, 02:23 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That is one butt-ugly picture james_black and I don't care much for the picture of the pink 1911 either!

I'm not sure about the .40 yet either and will have to give it a chance I suppose. I've fired a fair amount out of the Beretta but a full size pistol is a lot different than this lightweight. I fired one box from my friends G27 and yes, it is pretty snappy. I've always been partial to hammer-guns and thought I'd at least give a striker-fire a go for a change plus a lot of people sure seem to like Glocks. I have a safe full of "perfect" carry guns that are now queens so at least it won't get lonely if I don't like it.

Amazingly, my gf, who has a lot of trouble with slides (carries a S&W 360 M&P), has no issues with the G27 slide and may want it for herself IF it is decided I don't/won't. Keltec's break her nails and a 1911, in a jam, would only serve her as a hammer/rock.

I appreciate the comments folks and will provide a range report once the grandson and I hit the range later this week....calling for rain through Saturday though.

In order to become the Master, a politician must act as a servant.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Well, to beat the incoming weather, we took it to Thunder Range this morning. It functioned flawlessly for the 100 rounds we fired. Mags are a little tough to load without the load-assist (left at home!) and it was printing about 3" left of center at 20 yards with Rem/UMC 180 grns. Nice firearm though and I like the trigger.

We'll give it another 300 rounds next week and see how it does.

A very good day at the range as always and the G27, Kimber UC II, Buckmark, and Mosquito all got a good work out....my grandson enjoyed it immensely.

In order to become the Master, a politician must act as a servant.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #14

Very nice weapon sir.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetman View Post
I had to buy it since I couldn't find anyone giving them away!
As long as you good deal, there's nothing wrong with Glock pistols. Many folks don't like 'em cause of many of their owner's attitudes. No pistol can be "ghey" as as someone stated. . . only their owners can be.

I have had Glocks in the past and never had problems with their function. Not my favorite pistols, but they do their job.

Hell, I might get another one someday if the price was right. . .