Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   New Concealed Carry/Off Duty Pistol (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/new-concealed-carry-off-duty-pistol-23011/)

jftoast 02-04-2010 04:18 AM

New Concealed Carry/Off Duty Pistol
 
I've decided that instead of getting another full size gun that I am getting a gun for concealed carry. Only looking to spend around $600 if I can. The ones I have been looking at are:

CZ P01
Glock 19
Sig 229 - If I can find one for around $600.
FNP 9m

Just want to know everyones opinions on these guns and which you would choose and why.

canebrake 02-04-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jftoast (Post 224270)
I've decided that instead of getting another full size gun that I am getting a gun for concealed carry. Only looking to spend around $600 if I can. The ones I have been looking at are:

CZ P01
Glock 19
Sig 229 - If I can find one for around $600.
FNP 9m

Just want to know everyones opinions on these guns and which you would choose and why.

Why don't you include some concealed carry/BUG's on your list?

willfully armed 02-04-2010 04:41 AM

you mentioned off duty. Whats your duty weapon?


I voted Glock. With over 2.5 million produced, it cant be wrong.

Mr. Bluesky 02-04-2010 11:46 AM

Have you looked at the XD or M&P?

NGIB 02-04-2010 12:20 PM

I picked up a used FNP 9M very cheap ($300) and I'm impressed with the quality and accuracy. It reminds me of a Sig in operation but not nearly so much money...

Franciscomv 02-04-2010 03:55 PM

Getting a compact or subcompact version of your duty weapon might be a good idea, since you're already familiar with that weapon.

Out of your list, I'd go with a CZ (although I like the steel framed ones a lot more than the P01) or the FNP.

If you don't mind a suggestion, try out a S&W M&P compact. They are pretty good.

jftoast 02-04-2010 05:42 PM

My duty weapon is a Glock 22. Only reason didn't add M&P or XD is because the place I'm buying from doesn't have any. Anyone know any of any holsters for the FNP 9m. I heard it was hard to find one.

willfully armed 02-04-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jftoast (Post 224565)
My duty weapon is a Glock 22. Only reason didn't add M&P or XD is because the place I'm buying from doesn't have any. Anyone know any of any holsters for the FNP 9m. I heard it was hard to find one.

funny you should mention that..

AKJ Concealco LLC - Holster Availability List

his second newest addition to his line is the fnp9

jftoast 02-04-2010 07:22 PM

I've have seen holsters for the FNP 9 but do they also fit for the FNP 9m?

NGIB 02-04-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jftoast (Post 224624)
I've have seen holsters for the FNP 9 but do they also fit for the FNP 9m?

Should as the barrel is just slightly shorter. I don't carry mine but it fits well in an old holster I had for a 3rd generation S&W 5906 (I think)...


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.