new beretta
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > new beretta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default new beretta

Just bought a px4 storm yesterday, i really like the way it feels in my hand. This will be my ccw piece once i finish my classes. Any recommendations on a holster?

forumrunner_20120722_160101.jpg

I will be taking the ccw course, with my girlfriend. She purchased a sig p238; a really nice little pistol. At first she was a bit turned off by the price tag, but after we were done shooting today she said it was worth every penny. Any recommendations on a holster for her also?

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #2

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

If you can go to a gun show do it and bring your gun. Try as many holsters on with your gun as you can. Holsters come in as many varieties as shoes and all have a different purpose just like shoes. I might prefer flip flops, you prefer boots and someone else tennis shows. Every holster will feel different and each one will fit each person differently depending on size, body shape and dress style.

You want to try as many holsters as possible to find the most comfortable one for you. If it is uncomfortable you will end up leaving your gun at home and the gun you have at home isn't going to help you if attacked on the street.

For IWB I like the Galco King Tuk or Desantis Intruder. I really like my fanny pack holster too. I carry my gun, wallet, car keys, cell phone and spare magazine while just blending in as a tourist.

There is no more a "Perfect Holster" as there is a "Perfect Gun". They are all customized for the individual.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Nice, have same in 9mm, is that a 9 or 40?

Old 07-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #4

Liked 56 Times on 43 Posts

I see you chose the Compact version which IMO is the finest one they make and I've had them all. For holsters I carry mine in one of several IWB holsters as they hold it tight against your body which aids concealment. The only thing I did to mine was sending it to Robar for their NP3 finish.

dsc01047.jpg  

Old 07-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #5

I went with the 9mm, as did my finance. She enjoys shooting the caliber and I enjoy the extra capacity when at the range. Also, with both of us owning 9's, we save a considerable amount of money by only buying one pistol caliber.
It took some time, but she now realizes the need for a firearm and is wanting to start stockpiling ammo. Witch makes me very happy as you all can relate im sure.
After work today i will try to. Find the time to upload a picture if her sig.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 07-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #6

And yes I did go with the compact. I figured it would be a bit better for my ccw. Along with the fact that I had an easier time manipulating the safety, slide release, and hammer then i did on the full size model.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New Beretta

DeSants offers a nice leather pancake style holster (086M8) OTW that I use and recommend. The Beretta Storm is a fine handgun that I'm sure you will enjoy it. I have two (40 S&W and a 9mm) I like the full size the best and you can't beat the price either. Dogwalk