Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > New 9mm Handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Recently got an SR9 and am very happy with it. Feels more comfortable in my hands then my G19 or my friends xd ive shot frequently. Not a single hiccup in the around 500 rounds ive put through it...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 09-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #12

Go for the SR9. Ruger!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 307 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 115

My wife really enjoys her SR9, it is easy for her to handle and shoot and the large capacity magazines keep her poppin' away at the targets longer,,, me chasin' brass.It's ok to me,,, but I'm a 1911 fellow myself.

Good luck
Jeff

Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

"Also in some cases I'll carry a pistol...but nothing serious...more like a pistol wand to show "hey I have a pistol...if **** happens get behind me." And the pistol goes to a different person each shift or something".
Jiro,
You must have the longest leed to basic than any recruit I have ever heard of. Going on a year and a half. When are you going to basic

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 09-25-2009 at 07:14 AM.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

+1 for the SR9 from me. I don't have hardly any experience with any other hand guns. I as well I am a new gun owner. But my experiences have all been good. There were a few occasions with a stove pipe but that was due to limpwristing. Accuracy if good, the only thing that will be holding this gun back in that regard is me. I must say that you found it at a much better price than me. But I still think it was worth every penny. Taking into account as well the price of ammunition. What can you affod to get proficient with?

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
"Also in some cases I'll carry a pistol...but nothing serious...more like a pistol wand to show "hey I have a pistol...if **** happens get behind me." And the pistol goes to a different person each shift or something".
Jiro,
You must have the longest leed to basic than any recruit I have ever heard of. Going on a year and a half. When are you going to basic
He probably enlisted while still in high school. I believe you can enlist as early as your junior year and you can get some training done while in school, but not all of it. I seem to remember a friend of mine doing an abbreviated summer basic the summer between his junior and senior year. He still had to go to basic afterward though.

"I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents." - Winston Churchill

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #17

I know it wasn't on your list....but you should consider the FNP9. Find a Range that rents guns and shoot the FNP compared to the Ruger. My friend has the Ruger and once he shot my FNP he sold it to buy one of his own. It has two other things you'll like 1) it has a hammer 2) same company that makes the m16

Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 236 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Quick note: Some people have complained about the SR9 recoiling too much for a range gun. They considered it a CC firearm only. I know Ruger did a lot of work trimming it down, maybe they did their work too well ?

Best way to avoid buyers remorse is to fire both at your local range. Asking for the opinions of others is great but nothing can take the place of range time.