Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   need suggestions on composite frame dbl action or auto (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/need-suggestions-composite-frame-dbl-action-auto-26230/)

ronsaun 04-19-2010 06:22 AM

need suggestions on composite frame dbl action or auto
 
i am new (refered by jeep forum) but i need suggestions on a composite frame dbl action or autoloader that can be handloaded to be close to 44mag ballistics. i know sw makes one in 44 but i dont want to spend $1000. i think a 45 colt can get close but i can ony find 45 acp! i spend alot of time in the rocky mountains and everyone carries due to bears, mountain lions, wolves etc..... weight is the issue due to hiking. does anyone have a suggestion? thanks, ron:confused

[IMG]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/ronsaun/dog%20part%202/image032.jpg[/IMG

DrumJunkie 04-19-2010 07:24 AM

It has to be an auto loader?

Gojubrian 04-19-2010 08:07 AM

Desert Eagle .44mag.

Pic does not show. :confused:

Please stop by the introductions forum. :cool:

NGIB 04-19-2010 08:29 AM

S&W makes Scandium frame revolvers in .44 Magnum but I know of no "composite" (poly/plastic) autos or revolvers built for this cartridge. There's a reason (besides strength) that most .44 Magnums are large chunks of steel - you need the weight to make them reasonably comfortable to shoot...

ronsaun 04-19-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 272271)
It has to be an auto loader?

no it doesnt have to be an autoloader:)

ronsaun 04-19-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 272274)
Desert Eagle .44mag.

Pic does not show. :confused:

Please stop by the introductions forum. :cool:

is this liteweight and well under $1000:confused:

ronsaun 04-19-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 272276)
S&W makes Scandium frame revolvers in .44 Magnum but I know of no "composite" (poly/plastic) autos or revolvers built for this cartridge. There's a reason (besides strength) that most .44 Magnums are large chunks of steel - you need the weight to make them reasonably comfortable to shoot...

it doesnt have to be composite just as lite as possible. i only intend on firing it for personal protection at close range. i doubt i will run a box of shells thru it in its life. comfortable to shoot is not a concern. i am familiar w/skandia. i like it, i am "trying" not to spend $1070.00. maybe we should be talking about "what is the largest caliber available in liteweight" and can i handload some caliber to be close to 44 ballistics?:confused:

NGIB 04-19-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronsaun (Post 272307)
it doesnt have to be composite just as lite as possible. i only intend on firing it for personal protection at close range. i doubt i will run a box of shells thru it in its life. comfortable to shoot is not a concern. i am familiar w/skandia. i like it, i am "trying" not to spend $1070.00. maybe we should be talking about "what is the largest caliber available in liteweight" and can i handload some caliber to be close to 44 ballistics?:confused:

The S&W scandium's are the only lightweight big bores that I'm aware of. Loading to ".44 Magnum ballistics" for other than a gun chambered in .44 Magnum sounds VERY dangerous to me...

Agent_H 04-19-2010 02:24 PM

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...2/image032.jpg

Nice Jeep :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.