Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Need some advice on a handgun purchase (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/need-some-advice-handgun-purchase-58942/)

g17frantz 02-28-2012 01:47 AM

Need some advice on a handgun purchase
 
OK guys getting a new handgun next week and have narrowed it down to 3/4 choices all 9mm.
Springfield XD(M), a FN FN9/FX9 and a CZ P07 Duty. I really want a 9mm w/a hammer but I wanna be able to carry cocked and locked and I don't think the CZ has that ability as well as the FN FN9. Any thoughts?

Gatoragn 02-28-2012 02:08 AM

Out of those three I would get the XDm, not that the others are bad choices.

g17frantz 02-28-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn
Out of those three I would get the XDm, not that the others are bad choices.

I like the XDm a lot but Im steering towards a hammer fired handgun vs striker fired....but damn I like em

ScottA 02-28-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz (Post 722677)
I like the XDm a lot but Im steering towards a hammer fired handgun vs striker fired....but damn I like em

Then why did you list it?

g17frantz 02-28-2012 02:14 AM

Because that's the one striker fired that I'd love to add to my collection.
I prefer a hammer, but will whole heartily buy a XDm

canebrake 02-28-2012 02:18 AM

Get a Hi-Power.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...GHP_2007_9.jpg

g17frantz 02-28-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
Get a Hi-Power.

That is a fine piece cane......

Marlinman 02-28-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

That is a fine piece cane......

Ill second that

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Werminator 02-28-2012 02:43 AM

I like the FNP9 for what my input is worth... In my eyes, the ergos are better than the XD (of which I am a fan as well)... I have been looking to add an FNP40 to the safe...

g17frantz 02-28-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werminator
I like the FNP9 for what my input is worth... In my eyes, the ergos are better than the XD (of which I am a fan as well)... I have been looking to add an FNP40 to the safe...

The fn9 you can't carry cocked and locked though can you?


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.