Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Need some advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

He trusts me with some basic things like when he gets home late he calls to tell me I can provide food, he gave me the apartments key, you know, really basic stuff.
And since im going to buy an airsoft gun in december, ill use that to show him that I am ready. Who knows, might even work.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #22

Liked 38 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLuger

Are you brazilian?
No I live in America but I have a few friends in brazil. They would love to own firearms as defense against the insane crime rates and gangs but it is not allowed. One of them bought a crossbow as a desperate measure (from America) but I am not sure if even that is legal. Only police officers and military can have guns. O ya, somehow the gangs have them too...

Old 11-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus

No I live in America but I have a few friends in brazil. They would love to own firearms as defense against the insane crime rates and gangs but it is not allowed. One of them bought a crossbow as a desperate measure (from America) but I am not sure if even that is legal. Only police officers and military can have guns. O ya, somehow the gangs have them too...
Yeah, the crime rate in Brazil is insane, but mu dad (and me) would like to buy a gun as a shooter, because as a normal civilian you cant get them so easily, and even if you do, any caliber above 380ACP is restricted to shooters and Law Enforcement.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #24
That didn't last long... Flyers during Shero's era!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1434 Times on 873 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV

I believe only in Somalia, and the middle east, etc it is common for children to 'play' with guns.
Really don't think he's trying to "play" with guns.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

Old 11-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

We talked a bit yesterday over dinner. Not about actually buying a gun, but if he did, which one, etc. We're getting around to it. Thanks for the support guys.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

So, today we went to the range, only for a female police officer to point the gun in my direction as she chamber-checked (empty chamber, thank god) before we could even take the rifle (rented) out of the bag.
After that, my dad got somewhat angry (with reason) and I didnt get to shoot, BUT, as we got home, he let me see his S&W model 52-1, and trusted me to do it alone, which I greatly (but silently)appreciated, and as soon as I took the pistol out of the case, first thing I did was chamber-check the gun.
I dont think we are going to buy a handgun in the near future, but we are much more "open" to each other, gun-wise.
Thanks again for the advice guys, and happy shooting!

Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #27

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This kid inspires me.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #28

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Your Dad IS a good man and uncomfortable. He wants to expose you to things and supports your interest, but he does not want to promote it. He does not want to encourage his son to be firearms preoccupied.

U may want to play down your arms enthusiasm for your parents' sake, partake in the safe shooting sports when you can without seeming overly, embarrassingly, interested and look forward to the days ahead when u r older and can do some more of these things for yourself.

Right now u r only supposed to be worrying your parents about your grades, drugs, girls, hurting yourself at sports...

Old 11-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
This kid inspires me.
You have no idea how happy that makes me

Old 11-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #30

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Your Dad IS a good man and uncomfortable. He wants to expose you to things and supports your interest, but he does not want to promote it. He does not want to encourage his son to be firearms preoccupied.

U may want to play down your arms enthusiasm for your parents' sake, partake in the safe shooting sports when you can without seeming overly, embarrassingly, interested and look forward to the days ahead when u r older and can do some more of these things for yourself.

Right now u r only supposed to be worrying your parents about your grades, drugs, girls, hurting yourself at sports...
You're right man. I swear to all that is holy that I really try to think less in firearms, but that and music are my two great vices, so no matter how much I think about other things, there will always be some part of my brains thinking about them.
But, I know when to be discrete, so its not like its all I can talk about, I just like it alot.