need some advice
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > need some advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need some advice

I have a question maybe someone can help..my application was rejected today by atf while trying to purchase a gun today in Florida..no reason but i did have a domestic violence charge from 96 after arguing with an ex wife in California...ous ls there any way to posess a firearm after that many years..could that be why I was denied..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Get the charge expunged.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #3

Thanks, that will allow my permit ya think

Old 11-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Get hold of a copy of the book posted here. The author is an attorney in Florida, handles a lot of firearms related questions, and addresses federal and Florida firearms law in great detail in the book. There's a whole chapter on how to get your permit and what to do if it's denied.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs