Need A Quick Opinion Please .... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Need A Quick Opinion Please ....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

IMO, he should be giving you about 250$ and the Glock, at very

least.

Target shooting with a pistol? Start with a .22 with a 7" bull

barrel.(ALSO NOT worth ANY 1911A1 NIB)

Old 09-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #22

the darn thompson made for auto ordinance had a very poor rep before Kahr bought the firm and retooled. They are notorious as the poorest Colt copy out there, I have done a lot of work on a buddy's and it will sometimes empty a mag of hardball. The glock seller got taken by "blue book" value , but noone will want the NIB masterpiece.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #23

JonM is correct. Its the reason you never see a military operator carrying a Glock. No operable safety. That said, they are good weapons otherwise. I own a few. I take issue with the statement that carrying a Glock is the same as doing so with a cocked revolver, its clearly not, but I think I get your point. Brushing off a safety is worth the trouble, if you choose to carry a Glock be aware of the potential for accidental fire. One of the biggest mistakes folks make is altering a Glock, the triggers especially. Leave it alone, that exrta pound and a half wont matter much when the SHTF.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #24

Oh, forgot the question at hand. An even trade would have been good, IMHO.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubthumper
JonM is correct. Its the reason you never see a military operator carrying a Glock. No operable safety. That said, they are good weapons otherwise. I own a few. I take issue with the statement that carrying a Glock is the same as doing so with a cocked revolver, its clearly not, but I think I get your point. Brushing off a safety is worth the trouble, if you choose to carry a Glock be aware of the potential for accidental fire. One of the biggest mistakes folks make is altering a Glock, the triggers especially. Leave it alone, that exrta pound and a half wont matter much when the SHTF.
All Private military contractors in iraq and afgan field glock 19's. Xe, dyncorp, triple canopy, soc, mvm, etc... They are the ones that protect our diplomats when they travel to high risk areas.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #26

I am aware of that, but meant the regular military. Should have been clear about that. I doubt the American military will switch to a Glock style weapon due to safety concerns.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 AM   #27
AOK

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubthumper View Post
I am aware of that, but meant the regular military. Should have been clear about that. I doubt the American military will switch to a Glock style weapon due to safety concerns.
If safety was one of the main reasons they wouldn't go to a Glock then they need more and/or better training, period. There is no way shape or form someone can convince me I would be more safe with a gun and an external safety than I am with my Glock.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #28

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Being safe with a glock goes back to the first thing tht we were ever taught when we learned to shoot... KEEP UR FINGER OUTSIDE OF THE TRIGGER GUARD AND OFF OF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #29

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

In the Guru's own words:

"There has never been much question about it, and it is indisputable after decades of observation that the single-action self-loading pistol - the Colt 1911 and its clones - is the easiest, heavy-duty sidearm with which to hit. The crunchenticker is the most difficult, and the Glock is somewhere in the middle. Shooting a Glock is simply shooting a single-action self-loader with no safety and a very poor trigger. If real excellence is not the objective, this is a satisfactory system to employ." - Col Jeff Cooper

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello