Need opinions - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Need opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Totally depends on demographic and store supplies man. My experience, is actually opposite.
Same here..Thru this ammo crisis, we have not had a problem keeping .40 in stock.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 05-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

Totally depends on demographic and store supplies man. My experience, is actually opposite.
Where are you guys from?If you dont mind me asking

Old 05-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl

Same here..Thru this ammo crisis, we have not had a problem keeping .40 in stock.
Where are you located?

Old 05-06-2013, 02:38 AM   #24

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolietGunner View Post

Where are you guys from?If you dont mind me asking
The Northwest, Oregon to be specific. But I'm also from a small town in Oregon, population sub 25k.

My experience has been that 44mag is easiest to find. Then 32s&w and 40s&w. It's not always available, but findable nonetheless.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 05-06-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #25

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolietGunner View Post
Where are you located?
14 miles East of Cincinnati,Ohio. Really here, its been 9mm / .22 / .45 That have been wiped out. Everything else has been available....

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Last edited by readygirl; 05-06-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 215

In Oklahoma it has been easier to find .40 and .45 for most of the crunch than it has been to find 9mm. This has only changed in the past few weeks where I am seeing more 9mm.

What would be your plan for this gun? Is it for home defense? carry gun? range gun? just a get to know guns gun?

My sister has a hi point in 9mm. It has had a few feed problems but not too bad. The only thing I will say is don't drop the gun because it seems that the sights break off rather easy.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf
In Oklahoma it has been easier to find .40 and .45 for most of the crunch than it has been to find 9mm. This has only changed in the past few weeks where I am seeing more 9mm.

What would be your plan for this gun? Is it for home defense? carry gun? range gun? just a get to know guns gun?

My sister has a hi point in 9mm. It has had a few feed problems but not too bad. The only thing I will say is don't drop the gun because it seems that the sights break off rather easy.
Ya it would be my first gun only have about $300 to spend.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5511 Times on 2878 Posts
Likes Given: 358

I wouldnt hesitate or have any misgivings buying a highpoint. Its damn near impossible to kaboom one. If it doesnt work right they fix it for free. Their cs is superb.

Since your not going to ccw one very well regardless i would get the 45acp version. Its got enough weight that it tames everything down because they are heeeeeeeavy guns.

Its true that on occasion some dont work right but everyone who has actually sent one back has nothing but good to say when their gun returned to them.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #29

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

Its true that on occasion some dont work right but everyone who has actually sent one back has nothing but good to say when their gun returned to them.
My buddy has a .45, treats it like the neighbors dog, sent it in with a busted ejector and they sent it back with two free mags.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
I wouldnt hesitate or have any misgivings buying a highpoint. Its damn near impossible to kaboom one. If it doesnt work right they fix it for free. Their cs is superb.

Since your not going to ccw one very well regardless i would get the 45acp version. Its got enough weight that it tames everything down because they are heeeeeeeavy guns.

It all sounds good.I think I will buy one as long as I dont find anything i like in my budget at the shop by my house.