Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Need help with a trade!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by flasaint727 View Post
I just hate not buying from store always having to buy off the streets... but thats life! :]
Ummm what? Why do you always buy "off the streets"? There are some good deals at the pawn shops if you look around.

Personally, i would ask the seller if he would mind if i wrote down the serial number; then i would call the local popo to find out if it was reported stolen. Otherwise, sounds like a good deal.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #12

Well yeah but its way cheaper asking my buddies if they no anyone thats selling a gun and it never exceeds 2 for a nice gun. One of my buddys got a mac11 for 300 i have no idea how someone got ahold of one of those but thats way thingswork. I think 180 for a 700$ beretta is worth it even if its stolen i didnt steal it i bought it at a garage sale :]

Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

good deal...trade!!

Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2652 Times on 1547 Posts
Likes Given: 1176

Go to a couple of gun auctions sites and try to get a feel on the going prices of both weapons.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #15

I did look it up on the beretta website. The Beretta 84 Cheetah is $830 New for a nickle plated .380 and thats what im getting so im deffinatly going to scoop this deal!

Old 05-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #16
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2652 Times on 1547 Posts
Likes Given: 1176

Yeah, but are the firearms in question new? A MSRP is sometimes a lot more than what you can get a used for.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #17

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
I did look it up on the beretta website. The Beretta 84 Cheetah is $830 New for a nickle plated .380 and thats what im getting so im deffinatly going to scoop this deal!

flasaint, heres a website to run the serial number through Florida for stolen. It's only for Florida guns though.

FDLE Public Access System | Stolen Guns Search

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:52 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Well yeah but its way cheaper asking my buddies if they no anyone thats selling a gun and it never exceeds 2 for a nice gun. One of my buddys got a mac11 for 300 i have no idea how someone got ahold of one of those but thats way thingswork. I think 180 for a 700$ beretta is worth it even if its stolen i didnt steal it i bought it at a garage sale :]
Yet you documented the deal here, Have the firearm checked before you buy it, A way too good of a deal often is. BTW that isn't how thingswork. If you buy something at a value far less than it is worth and it comes back as stolen then you have a lot of work to do to prove you had no idea the item wasn't stolen. Less chance of winning the case after you laid out the premise of how you came by the firearm on the interweb.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:18 AM   #19

yea the deal didnt happen anyway. I think they were trying to get me. It seemed to good to be true. I still have my Taurus i no somthing else will come up.