Need Help in Handgun Decision - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Need Help in Handgun Decision

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Never sell or trade a gun, you will always regret it one way or another.
Well i did own a GSG-5 22LR Rifle but I decided to sell it to my friend because I wanted to put that money towards the Smith & Wesson M&P15 PSX. I'm actually glad I did because after my buddy took it to the range and shot the crap out of it things started breaking on it. Casing ruptured in the chamber causing the breech housing to rupture.
He got angry about it but not towards me because before I sold it to him I took him to the range and it shot flawlessly. It wasn't until he started going to the range all the time without even cleaning the rifle and that was when problems started to occur. I felt bad for him so I offered to help him disassemble the breech housing and order the parts for him.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6336 Times on 3357 Posts
Likes Given: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Never sell or trade a gun, you will always regret it one way or another.
i sold a yugoslavian akm i dont regret getting rid of one little bit. i will never understand the facination people have with those things. heh.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #23

Yeah I have another buddy...or I should say more of an acquaintance that thinks Romanian AK's and Dragunovs are superior over any AR-15 or M1A. I told him those are cheaply made with low quality inferior materials.
He doesn't even own any guns and has so much to say regarding the firearms I buy and prefer. He says BS remarks like "AK's are better and Dragunovs are cooler looking". That is why he prefers them. Personally I think he's just another jealous and dumb Armenian.

Last edited by Sharpshooter76; 11-29-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:59 AM   #24

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter76 View Post
Well the guy at the counter said the parts would cost about $200 plus another $100 to get it installed by a gunsmith so he said the original owner probably spent a total of $600 for the gun and another $300 for parts and install so $900. Didn't mean for this thread to take a wrong turn.
It didnt take a wrong turn. We had an amicable discussion regarding those things mentioned.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?