Need help with advice on my trigger.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Need help with advice on my trigger.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Need help with advice on my trigger.

I have a smith and wesson sd 40 ve. The trigger pull is definetly a bit rough but not too bad. I am curious to see if there are any trigger kits or conversions out there that will lighten it up a bit. Ive heard the apex spring kit works great but i have zero experience with gun alterations or modifications. Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2854 Times on 1487 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I hear good things about the Apex kits. If you are not mechanically inclined, you may want to find someone who is. The Sigma series are pretty simple, to me, but I am a factory trained armorer on several different platforms.

The VE series are inexpensive guns. Reliable and accurate, but the triggers are betond terrible.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
I hear good things about the Apex kits. If you are not mechanically inclined, you may want to find someone who is. The Sigma series are pretty simple, to me, but I am a factory trained armorer on several different platforms.

The VE series are inexpensive guns. Reliable and accurate, but the triggers are betond terrible.
Ok gotcha. What if I brought it to a gunsmith? Would it be expensive and would I still need to buy the kit? Pardon my new guy questions.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

The apex kits typically run around $120 installed (by me) and bring the pull down to around 4.25 lbs unless it is strictly for idpa. Unfortunately like most things, they are just about impossible to get right now. I had to turn down 2 trigger jobs this week because I can't get parts.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
The apex kits typically run around $120 installed (by me) and bring the pull down to around 4.25 lbs unless it is strictly for idpa. Unfortunately like most things, they are just about impossible to get right now. I had to turn down 2 trigger jobs this week because I can't get parts.
Ok. Thank you. It's a shame that these parts are so hard to get due to the attemp of gun moderation. Terrible stuff.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #6

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The Apex trigger springs are easy too put in. You will need some pateince tho. When reassembling the trigger in the forward part of the slide use a small screw driver instead of the pin that they give you, its just easier. You can also take out your sear assembly and remove the pigtail spring and the short outer spring on the sear. There are videos for this on the web, lok up "Sigma Trigger Job". Doing this and the Apex spring kit will drop your trigger down to about 4-5 lbs. You will love the sigma after both of these are done and you will learn a thing or two about working on your own gun. When taking apart your gun be sure you do it on top of a white sheet for when the little pins drop or the spring fall. They are alot easier to find than on your kitchen floor or in carpet. WTTW.

Why Would I Be Paranoid, I'm the One With The Gun.

"Just a man and his jug settling an old fued"
-Me-

Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #7

Hey man are you new?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man111
Hey man are you new?