Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Need help with advice on my trigger. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/need-help-advice-my-trigger-81649/)

KJH_1185 01-17-2013 08:04 PM

Need help with advice on my trigger.

I have a smith and wesson sd 40 ve. The trigger pull is definetly a bit rough but not too bad. I am curious to see if there are any trigger kits or conversions out there that will lighten it up a bit. Ive heard the apex spring kit works great but i have zero experience with gun alterations or modifications. Any suggestions?

robocop10mm 01-17-2013 08:38 PM

I hear good things about the Apex kits. If you are not mechanically inclined, you may want to find someone who is. The Sigma series are pretty simple, to me, but I am a factory trained armorer on several different platforms.

The VE series are inexpensive guns. Reliable and accurate, but the triggers are betond terrible.

KJH_1185 01-17-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm
I hear good things about the Apex kits. If you are not mechanically inclined, you may want to find someone who is. The Sigma series are pretty simple, to me, but I am a factory trained armorer on several different platforms.

The VE series are inexpensive guns. Reliable and accurate, but the triggers are betond terrible.

Ok gotcha. What if I brought it to a gunsmith? Would it be expensive and would I still need to buy the kit? Pardon my new guy questions.

mountainman13 01-17-2013 10:49 PM

The apex kits typically run around $120 installed (by me) and bring the pull down to around 4.25 lbs unless it is strictly for idpa. Unfortunately like most things, they are just about impossible to get right now. I had to turn down 2 trigger jobs this week because I can't get parts.

KJH_1185 01-17-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
The apex kits typically run around $120 installed (by me) and bring the pull down to around 4.25 lbs unless it is strictly for idpa. Unfortunately like most things, they are just about impossible to get right now. I had to turn down 2 trigger jobs this week because I can't get parts.

Ok. Thank you. It's a shame that these parts are so hard to get due to the attemp of gun moderation. Terrible stuff.

vector16 03-19-2013 04:08 AM

The Apex trigger springs are easy too put in. You will need some pateince tho. When reassembling the trigger in the forward part of the slide use a small screw driver instead of the pin that they give you, its just easier. You can also take out your sear assembly and remove the pigtail spring and the short outer spring on the sear. There are videos for this on the web, lok up "Sigma Trigger Job". Doing this and the Apex spring kit will drop your trigger down to about 4-5 lbs. You will love the sigma after both of these are done and you will learn a thing or two about working on your own gun. When taking apart your gun be sure you do it on top of a white sheet for when the little pins drop or the spring fall. They are alot easier to find than on your kitchen floor or in carpet. WTTW.

G-man111 03-19-2013 04:10 AM

Hey man are you new?

KJH_1185 03-19-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man111
Hey man are you new?

I joined a few months ago. Yea