Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Need of Assistance (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/need-assistance-74467/)

Lmyoung 10-16-2012 10:52 PM

Need of Assistance

I have a Ruger P-95 and i like it, but im looking for something els. I dont know wether i Should keep my P-95, get a diffrent 9mm or get a small simi-auto .22 pistol. Thanks for the help.

jjfuller1 10-16-2012 10:58 PM

hello and welcome. please stop by the intro page when you get a chance to say hi.

the p -95 is a nice pistol, i would keep it and save money for another buy. its said you will always regret any firearm you sell, that is ofcourse unless you really dont like it. .22's are great. cheap ammo means lots of practice time, and also just plain fun. you need to decide what the purpose of this pistol will be. SD, HD, CCW, target, and hunting. many istols can fill several rolls, but few fit all. also by asking that you are bound to get a ton of generic answers. once you decide its purpose you can focus more on brands, types, and calibers.

levelcross 10-16-2012 11:04 PM

That just about covers it jjfuller1....+1

jjfuller1 10-16-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levelcross (Post 979402)
That just about covers it jjfuller1....+1

you expected less from a marine??

Lmyoung 10-17-2012 02:34 AM

first off i would like to say thanks to JJFuller1 for helping keep this great country safe, and second i was wondering if you had any suggestions on a good .22 auto pistol. I was looking at the Colt rail gun.

jjfuller1 10-17-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmyoung (Post 979762)
first off i would like to say thanks to JJFuller1 for helping keep this great country safe, and second i was wondering if you had any suggestions on a good .22 auto pistol. I was looking at the Colt rail gun.

:)...... OKAY, .22 semi's, where to begin. there are a lot of pistols to choose from. i have shot browning buckmark's, ruger mk2, ruger sr22, sig mosquto, taurus( tiny little thing), walther p22, gsg1911.. out of all of these i think browning and the mk2 or mk3 is the best. i own a sr22, and its great but if you want a little more accuracy you need a longer barrel.. if you want something small and easy to carry, good for plinking at 15 yards or less the sr22 is great. but if you want something with a little weight or "feel" to it check out the others i mentioned they are great. best advice is to go to a LGS, ask to see and handle some .22's. maybe even rent if possible. every pistol will feel a little different to other people maybe even ask a friend to shoot something they may own. when it comes to .22's pistols you really cant go wrong. they are all fun, cheap and make for great practice, plinking time!

HockaLouis 10-17-2012 03:31 AM

Yeah, that Ruger 95 is a very good if not a bit chunky gun.

My tastes in .22's, which are a great and fun arm, tends to be more in the target vein. Colt Target, S&W 41, Taurus 96, Thompson/Center...

The Rugers, of which there are a broad spectrum based to an interesting extent upon the Japanese Nambu which was the most accurate semi-auto pistol of WWII, have a strong following in the competitive arena. This for their accuracy after a trigger job as well as value for the money and reliability (once you get used to their disassembly/assembly).

Good luck!

Lmyoung 10-17-2012 05:09 PM

These all sound very good .22's but i think im going with a 1911 configuration. Im a 1911 man i feel that you should have one for each hand, so i think im going to go with either the GSG or the Colt Rail gun, im leaning more towards the colt because its a colt.