need advice
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > need advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need advice

from experienced and seasoned shooters in the idea of a handgun that would fit my description
I'm very new to guns

not heavy not light in the middle (weight)
chambered for a caliber with good stopping power(in my mind a .45 seems to be nice)
reliability and ease of maintenance(I would like less a chance of a miss fire or jam an if it happens be able to fix it in a reasonable amount of time)
lastly strong and sturdy I don't know anything about polymer grips an slides an whatnot but plastic isn't strong an sturdy to me

what ever handguns you feel meet my requirements please list them an feel free to give additional advice on the subject as well I will also be going to a range an renting the guns I feel that I like from your answers to get a much more personal experience with them
thank you

p.s. I truly know nothing more about guns but how to point aim shoot an that's literally it so links to more information on your answers would be appreciated also

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here