Nasty utubers - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Nasty utubers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Check out Brandon401401 on YouTube...I like his videos and he's a pretty dang good shot.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 01-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
Ask away and beware of what you watch on YouTube. Much of what is on there is filmed by yahoos... not the kind of people you would want standing next to you on the firing range.

Here are some of my favorite channels on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfancy
http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45?blend=1&ob=4
http://www.youtube.com/user/GunWebsites

Check out these videos as well...

http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/home
http://www.downrange.tv/blog/
Those are my favorites too! Hickok and nutnfancy are an even #1 but gunwebsites is a close second.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #13
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

11Handicap, as a teacher of mine used to drill into us, "Consider the source."

YouTube is a social site with NO qualifications for posting. They have rules on what can and can't be posted, but anyone with a cell phone camera and a desire to be seen can post a video. So the answer is "No, not everyone is that mean" and try to stick to the independently-respected channels, listed above, for information to trust. If in doubt, stop by here and ask - we won't treat you badly. :-)

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 01-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Winds of change, everyone here has been very kind to me. Even knowing i am a newbie. This place is my best source by far. I believe life is to short. I allways try to help people in general. This is what i preach to my kids

Old 01-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #15

Actually you are doing pretty good. Spotting unsafe acts like that tell me you have a good sense for what is go/no go. While you want to always model safe handling, sometimes you got to watch those crappy videos for the "don't do this" side of the story.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
Youtube goes both ways,I have seen so many videos where someone showing a gun upclose says"i'm performing a safety check to make sure it's unloaded",but it's not a genuine check,you can tell it's just to apease an audience of gun haters or something.I think it all comes down to if you grew up with guns or not,if you learned from a young age I think you're safer instinctivly.
I didn't grow up around guns much at all but I have a healthy respect for them. It's about common sense and judgement more than anything else. Guns are not toys so don't act like a child when using them.

I second the OP about this board. Everyone here is very nice and has been very helpful.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

As the 2nd posted stated I too like Nutnfancy another good source, I feel, is hickok45. Both seem well versed and educated.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using FirearmsTalk

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."