Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Name a gun you dislike and why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
Mockery from the peanut Glockery, sounds about right.

Actually the XD subcompact 40 wasn't too bad, but the Glock stung bad. The difference was in the gun, not the shooter and not the caliber. Unlike some of the more strident members, I don't have an inate hatred of all things Glock, nor of all 1911s. If the XD had stung and the Glock did not, I'd have preferred the Glock.
Thank you, sir! I had a Glock 27 and just found it miserable to shoot so I sold it, but I do like the .40 overall. I've been eyeballing the XD sub, so firsthand experience is valuable to me!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #202

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Hi-Point...........ANY of them!!! they are just pieces of s!-!it! a trigger, a firing pin, and a barrel, that's it. and heavy as hell to boot.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 09-06-2012, 03:41 AM   #203

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by "USEBOTHHANDS
a trigger, a firing pin, and a barrel.
... Isn't that every gun?

Unless you're after a compass in the stock I suppose
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #204

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

HEY!!!! i like my daisy with the compass in the stock!!!!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #205

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan

Yes it is. It's not about "not being able to handle it". Everyone on this forum can handle what you give them to shoot. And if it's a matter of feeding or protecting our families, we can all handle shooting a 50AE out of an empty beer can with a paint brush for a handle. Which brings me to Glock. If we love this sport and value the many benefits it brings, why would we settle for a piece we don't like? That's what I can't understand about Glock owners. It's always "if you don't like Glock then you are a sissy girlie man who should just throw stones". Where's the logic in that? Seems like an inadequacy issue to me...
Nuff said so true. I think I've met maybe 2 glock owners that weren't arrogant duchebags. Some people say that the reason people hate glock is it rivals the rep of the 1911. I don't own either but my pt945 looks very similar to a 1911 only has option of sa/da. I think these people that believe that are insecure on the future of glock. Will the glock end up just hype. Only time will tell. The 1911 has been around for 101 years now. It has proven the test of time. I also try my best to buy mostly american made firearms. Not austrailian and decently not chinese. They get enough money from the us

Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #206

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrichthedragon

Nuff said so true. I think I've met maybe 2 glock owners that weren't arrogant duchebags.
Hey, I have a Glock and I'm not arrogant.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #207

I didn't say everyone was one. Plus I don't think anyone would consider themselves to be one.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #208

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrichthedragon
I didn't say everyone was one. Plus I don't think anyone would consider themselves to be one.
I was being light-hearted. That was why I said I wasn't arrogant specifically ... but didn't mention the douchebag portion.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #209

Oh well i commend your honesty
Now I know 3 glock owners that are good people lol.
Im not trying to knock anyone down here
Not trying to destroy or over do what any gun really is.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #210
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrichthedragon View Post
Oh well i commend your honesty
Now I know 3 glock owners that are good people lol.
Im not trying to knock anyone down here
Not trying to destroy or over do what any gun really is.
I own a G36 and a Glock is a tool just like most guns. Nothing more or less. I find the grip on the Glocks does not quite fit my hand except for the G36 which is a single stack 45. I traded my G19 for a Ruger SR9c after my wife let me shoot hers. She held out for a month. The XD's fit me much better and I do like the 1911's but they are too heavy. I carry a Sig P238 a lot and it is a miniature 1911.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Last edited by JTJ; 09-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.