Name a gun you dislike and why. - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Name a gun you dislike and why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Walther P22. I wanted that one for 10 years and when I finally broke down and got one......it was a POS

Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #122

Liked 63 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I'm disliking more and more as time goes on, the Walther PPK (not /s) in .32 ACP or 7.65mm chambering, without Nazi acceptance stamps.

Why?

I want one for my collection and cannot find one I can afford.

There. I got it off my chest.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Old 08-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #123

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery
I'm disliking more and more as time goes on, the Walther PPK (not /s) in .32 ACP or 7.65mm chambering, without Nazi acceptance stamps.

Why?

I want one for my collection althernd cannot find one I can afford.

There. I got it off my chest.

Wow Walther looks to be on everybody crap list

Old 08-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #124

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Gen4 Glocks. After 20 years of owning and carrying Glocks, being a Glock firearms instructor and armorer and frequent custom of various grip reduction business; they tell me a new Glock is coming out! The best Glock ever they said! Even more perfecter! (Yes, I know that's not a word). And this one is finally going to address the issue of ergonomics with interchangeable back straps! Gaston has finally caved in a now he finally cares about what his customers want!

I then waited impatiently. Finally they publicly announced the Gen4's and I waited some more. And some more. And then they were released! What do you mean they are no longer parts interchangeable? What do you mean there's only a 2mm difference between back straps? What do you mean the grip doesn't feel any different? What do you mean they are having reliability problems? What were you thinking? Thanks for nothing Gaston. Good bye Glock. Hello Smith & Wesson!

Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #125

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3c0n5n1p3r View Post
The 45-70 Isnt bad on its recoil I like it my 30.30 feels the same... Or my 16ga u wanna feel kick and cry shoot a 8ga with 3.5in mag buckshot ... Knock your shoulder off...
I'll second that...Shotgun shooting is my passion and I love shooting rifles as well...But when deer/turkey season rolls around...I get nervous lol

the recoil from those big shells is something else.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #126

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Don't bash on the lc9 ..... As a carry gun it's great! The trigger takes practice is all

Old 08-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #127

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I absolutely LOVE the Walther I got my wife for her EDC. It's not for me... I love big and steel. But it's a sweet little shooter

Old 08-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #128

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry18
Gen4 Glocks. After 20 years of owning and carrying Glocks, being a Glock firearms instructor and armorer and frequent custom of various grip reduction business; they tell me a new Glock is coming out! The best Glock ever they said! Even more perfecter! (Yes, I know that's not a word). And this one is finally going to address the issue of ergonomics with interchangeable back straps! Gaston has finally caved in a now he finally cares about what his customers want!

I then waited impatiently. Finally they publicly announced the Gen4's and I waited some more. And some more. And then they were released! What do you mean they are no longer parts interchangeable? What do you mean there's only a 2mm difference between back straps? What do you mean the grip doesn't feel any different? What do you mean they are having reliability problems? What were you thinking? Thanks for nothing Gaston. Good bye Glock. Hello Smith & Wesson!
Glad you joined the club lol
Old 08-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #129

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock17owner View Post
I dislike shotguns. More than likely I will never own one. I've shot one before. Just didnt like it. What about you?

Two add on I'm not a fan of smith m&p

Taurus suck too

Oh and I WILL NEVER BUY A 92f

All these gun I have shot before...
I have a PT1911 that shoots fantastic. I think Taurus makes better guns then they used to. Though I never had any issues with any I've shot truth be told. Their CS has had some pretty bad reviews though. I did recently fall into a Taurus PT92 AFS. I have next to nothing in it, got it as some boot on another deal I was doing. It shoots OK but it's nothing to jump up and down about Does seem to work OK. It doesn't fail to feed or eject and pretty much goes where I point it. Though I'll probably trade it off soon. I like to trade guns I'm more of a Springfield, Para Ord, Colt guy when it comes to semi autos.

Back to topic.

For me it's anything named Jennings, Lorcin, Bryco, and Highpoint I just do not like. At one time or another I've owned some of these and they never worked right. At least HP had the warranty but who cares when your just getting another HP back. They make a Glock look pretty. I'm not real big on RG pistols either but have had 1 or 2 that did shoot OK and made for a decent tackle box gun. I'm really not a fan of Kimbers either. I just do not like how they feel in my hands. I think they are overpriced for what they are. But like the others in my dislike list people sure do buy the crap out of them so maybe it's just me. I'm not a big fan of striker fired pistols either but I have no real logic for it. Other than I just like a pistol with a hammer better.

I'm not a gun snob and don't think it takes a grand to have a decent pistol. I do like some of the Taurus and Ruger pistols. I am one of the few fans of the Sigma from Smith. The ones I dislike is because I owned them and they where not reliable enough to make me comfortable with them. It's been only recently that I got to see a Highpoint pistol go though a couple mags and not jam up for one reason or another. And that appeared to be a mag issue then. So maybe they are getting better. I do like the carbines, though they are kind of Planet of the Apes looking.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #130

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

I have a PT1911 that shoots fantastic. I think Taurus makes better guns then they used to. Though I never had any issues with any I've shot truth be told. Their CS has had some pretty bad reviews though. I did recently fall into a Taurus PT92 AFS. I have next to nothing in it, got it as some boot on another deal I was doing. It shoots OK but it's nothing to jump up and down about Does seem to work OK. It doesn't fail to feed or eject and pretty much goes where I point it. Though I'll probably trade it off soon. I like to trade guns I'm more of a Springfield, Para Ord, Colt guy when it comes to semi autos.

Back to topic.

For me it's anything named Jennings, Lorcin, Bryco, and Highpoint I just do not like. At one time or another I've owned some of these and they never worked right. At least HP had the warranty but who cares when your just getting another HP back. They make a Glock look pretty. I'm not real big on RG pistols either but have had 1 or 2 that did shoot OK and made for a decent tackle box gun. I'm really not a fan of Kimbers either. I just do not like how they feel in my hands. I think they are overpriced for what they are. But like the others in my dislike list people sure do buy the crap out of them so maybe it's just me. I'm not a big fan of striker fired pistols either but I have no real logic for it. Other than I just like a pistol with a hammer better.

I'm not a gun snob and don't think it takes a grand to have a decent pistol. I do like some of the Taurus and Ruger pistols. I am one of the few fans of the Sigma from Smith. The ones I dislike is because I owned them and they where not reliable enough to make me comfortable with them. It's been only recently that I got to see a Highpoint pistol go though a couple mags and not jam up for one reason or another. And that appeared to be a mag issue then. So maybe they are getting better. I do like the carbines, though they are kind of Planet of the Apes looking.
I like tauruses but can you count on them?? maybe if you get a good one but who wants to play slot machine. Getting a good taurus is like getting 777 on a slot machine...