Name a gun you dislike and why. - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Name a gun you dislike and why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #101
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2141 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan View Post
Interesting. The Bodyguard couldn't be found locally for love nor money last year, now they are everywhere. There is, of course, a reason for the crappy trigger on a pocket pistol though...
It's not a crappy trigger, just a long trigger.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #102

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Owned a Remington770 in 308.. cheapest gun ever! Had to baby the bolt or it would pop out plus the magazine blew out while shooting it . I will never own another

Last edited by stoppingpower; 08-18-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #103

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

It's not a crappy trigger, just a long trigger.
Whatever...

Old 08-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #104

Liked 984 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

There are things I like and dislike about most guns. If I had to say, I don't care much for polymer framed pistols. Glock, XD, M&P, whatever. It has more to do with the look and feel, rather than how it works. I WOULD like to have a MR Baby Eagle. It does come in a steel frame, but I happen to really like the grip on the polymer one.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #105

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Without a doubt....I hate the Ruger LC9....I have shot it as well as know others who owned it and then sold it for the same reason. Trigger pull SUX. Scenario:

Person threatening your life with a gun/weapon (obviously NOT a Ruger LC9): Gimme all your money or I'll kill you....

Victim (carrying a Ruger LC9): ok...one second (pulls Ruger LC9 from holster and aims at bad guy)...can you give me about 10 seconds first...this Ruger LC 9 has a REALLY LONG trigger pull..is that ok? I'll shoot you in oh...10 seconds...almost got it...just about there...BAM! Bad guy kills you first. Thanx bad guy with a weapon threatening me.

Those guns really do suck butt...ugh!
This is just my opinion of course!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #106

When purchasing my latest 9mm, I walked into the range and held the M&p, Glock and XD. Based on looks alone the XD wins, but when I grabbed it, I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was in my hands. I hated the stock trigger and just couldn't get over the sharp edges of the square texture on the grip. I really thought I would hate the glock and choose the XD, but after 50 rounds through each weapon, the Gen 4 G19 won hands down with accuracy. If choosing a weapon solely based on looks, I would have chosen the XD, but I knew I needed to be comfortable and accurate. So I chose the Glock. There is a look and feel for everyone out there. I really don't get all the brand bashing. It's so stupid. Buy a gun YOU shoot well and you'll be happy. Why create tension between a fellow brother who appreciates the same hobby as you? Just a thought...

Old 08-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #107

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Ok so earlier I stated how disappointed I was with my Chiappa 1911 22 , well upon the advise from others in this great forum I got some cci mini mags. Not only did my Chiappa shoot flawlessly so did my erma. Kinda hate when have to buy special ammo just so a gun functions the way it should, but I guess it not all that bad. For just a few cents a round it turned two disappointments into pleasures.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #108

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Glad to hear it! .22 can be temperamental in autos

Old 08-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #109

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol
Ok so earlier I stated how disappointed I was with my Chiappa 1911 22 , well upon the advise from others in this great forum I got some cci mini mags. Not only did my Chiappa shoot flawlessly so did my erma. Kinda hate when have to buy special ammo just so a gun functions the way it should, but I guess it not all that bad. For just a few cents a round it turned two disappointments into pleasures.
They make a low tention spring that will allow you to shoot cheap stuff. Its made for sigs 1911 .22 buy it works with my chiappa ..also i think gsg makes one. Careful if you get one you only use low velocity ammo when the weaker spring is in. Itll screw everything up

Old 08-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #110

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan
Glad to hear it! .22 can be temperamental in autos
Yes usually the only ammo I really try to stay away from I'd any white box Winchester any caliber.but that Chiappa would work with federal or Remington or the red box Winchester bulk. My mk22 with fly through them all no problem so will my high standard