Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Name a gun you dislike and why. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/name-gun-you-dislike-why-70061/)

Glock17owner 08-10-2012 09:29 PM

I dislike shotguns. More than likely I will never own one. I've shot one before. Just didnt like it. What about you?

Two add on I'm not a fan of smith m&p

Taurus suck too

Oh and I WILL NEVER BUY A 92f

All these gun I have shot before...

mountainman13 08-10-2012 09:35 PM

I'll go with the seecamp. It's on my sh!t list right now. Just a bad design. The internals rest on the magazine for support. If you pull the trigger without the magazine in you can break the gun. If you pull the trigger while inserting the magazine you will break the gun. Also not a big fan of having to have the mag in to work the slide and don't like how it breaks down or working on it. Lol

orangello 08-10-2012 09:41 PM

I don't enjoy shooting snub-nosed revolvers. My late Grandmother gave me one many years ago (i was 14 or 15), and i did shoot a few boxes of .38 special through it. I did not like it at all; the grips were too small for the recoil and for my hands.

Glock17owner 08-10-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
I'll go with the seecamp. It's on my sh!t list right now. Just a bad design. The internals rest on the magazine for support. If you pull the trigger without the magazine in you can break the gun. If you pull the trigger while inserting the magazine you will break the gun. Also not a big fan of having to have the mag in to work the slide and don't like how it breaks down or working on it. Lol

Lol that's a POS

Glock17owner 08-10-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
I don't enjoy shooting snub-nosed revolvers. My late Grandmother gave me one many years ago (i was 14 or 15), and i did shoot a few boxes of .38 special through it. I did not like it at all; the grips were too small for the recoil and for my hands.

I never shot a revolver

orangello 08-10-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock17owner (Post 899659)
I never shot a revolver

Any revolver? I really enjoy shooting my Ruger GP100 in .357/.38, but it has a six inch barrel and big squishy grips to help absorb the recoil. It's just the snubbies i don't like shooting. I can understand their appeal, but the shooting experiences just don't measure up, IMO.

Rarity 08-10-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock17owner

I never shot a revolver

Ugh, I dislike revolvers for some odd reason. I have never understood myself when it comes to them, I just never liked them. The Glock is a ugly duckling only a mother can love..

Once you shoot it you never need anything else.. lol

michigan0626 08-10-2012 10:33 PM

kEL-TEC PF9

What a piece of rotten fecal matter. I bought it from my brother. When I took it to the range I shot only 60 rounds and the freakin slide retention pin sheared off. It was obviously MIM. It didnt look solid when I looked at it. I kept it for a couple of months then sold it off never fixing it. The person I sold it to called Kel-Tec and they sent him a free replacement part. I would never trust one on my life ever again. I might consider buying the PMR-30 (30 round 22 MAG) and the KSG (15 round shotgun) but strictly for plinking uses.

Before the pin broke I already thought the gun was garbage in the first 5 rounds. Im left handed. Knowing it was such a light little gun I knew I had to keep a firm grip on it. In doing so, as a left handed shooter, after the first shot the magazine ejected and did not cycle the next round. So I reinserted the magazine, cycle the slide, and re-engaged the target. Same results, magazine ejected and FTF. The magazine release is in direct line with the middle finger on the grip. Being left handed and using a firm grip activated the release button after each shot. To counter act this is completely adjusted my grip so that I did not engage the release. By doing so the muzzle rise and snap was horrible. It didnt hurt, but it did raise the muzzle uncomfortably verticle.

If you are left handed get something else. There has to be a better micro/bug gun for us lefties. I might have to looking into that XDs 45 for a pocket gun.

p.s. Also any semi-auto Rugers. Never had one not jam on me. Shot about 4 of them. And I refuse to even touch a Glock so I dont know and will never know if I like them or not.

mountainman13 08-10-2012 10:38 PM

You wanna touch my glock? J/k lol

JD1969 08-10-2012 10:42 PM

OK, I'll bite and be the first to say it. I don't like GLOCK's. I don't like how they feel in my hand, I don't shoot them well, I don't like how they look and I'll probably take a bunch of crap for this but I don't like how fanboyish many of their owners are. Oh and I don't like the fact that the rappers and thugs like them. I'll just go put my fireproof suit on now.