My Second Gun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My Second Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
I just picked up a used P22 for $200 and mine has the OD frame. I love it so far!

You are really grouping 3" at 330 feet?! That seems a bit insane.

Edit: oh 3 feet not 3 inches. That seems more believable.
Haha, yeah....I'm getting 3 inch groups at 110 yards with my 22 rifle, but I feel like I should be sponsored and shooting professionally if that were with my P22.

Congrats on the great deal, though! $200 used is awesome.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #22

Hi Victor, seems like all your interaction is with the guys. But I want feedback from you about your girlfriend. Is she a petite person like me? I was looking for a 2nd gun (my first is a jframe 38 S&W) and was considering 22s for a couple reasons, such as interchangability for the ammo (with a 22 rifle) and also the fact the 22s are smaller...it's hard for me to conceal even my fairly small Jframe 38. So, is she able to carry the walther comfortably (esp. if she's petitite like me)?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #23

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

^ I wouldn't consider carrying the P22 as a SD gun. Sure it is better than nothing, but I sure wouldn't feel comfortable carrying it. Plus it is prone to jam a lot. No biggie on a range gun but a huge issue on a carry gun. Consider a small 380 or 9mm. A S&W Bodyguard 380 is tiny! A Glock 26 is also great IWB.

Here is a comparisson between my old guns. The Jframe which you are familiar with and the Bodyguard 380.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 03-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthyne View Post
Hi Victor, seems like all your interaction is with the guys. But I want feedback from you about your girlfriend. Is she a petite person like me? I was looking for a 2nd gun (my first is a jframe 38 S&W) and was considering 22s for a couple reasons, such as interchangability for the ammo (with a 22 rifle) and also the fact the 22s are smaller...it's hard for me to conceal even my fairly small Jframe 38. So, is she able to carry the walther comfortably (esp. if she's petitite like me)?
She doesn't have her concealed carry, so she's only ever played with carrying around the house with a holster not designed for it. However, she conceals it very well. Most importantly, she absolutely loves shooting it. She is petite (5'8" and 125lbs) and has absolutely no problems with it. However, she has also found ways of concealing my Px4 SubCompact in 9mm very well. She claims that it's not nearly as comfortable but she hides it very well even in fashionable clothes. About six girls have shot the P22, and they all love it. And for the guys, I'm 6'6" 235lbs and shoot the gun with utmost comfort.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
^ I wouldn't consider carrying the P22 as a SD gun. Sure it is better than nothing, but I sure wouldn't feel comfortable carrying it. Plus it is prone to jam a lot. No biggie on a range gun but a huge issue on a carry gun. Consider a small 380 or 9mm. A S&W Bodyguard 380 is tiny! A Glock 26 is also great IWB.
A couple friends and I discussed the logistics of carrying a P22, and they disagreed with my point that it isn't the worst idea to carry. A 22LR will much more successfully defend you than nothing. I mean, ideally, you're wearing full kevlar and are completely trained in 12 martial arts. However, anything farther than 10 yards out....I'd rather be shooting my P22.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

As previously stated. I would look at the SIG Model 220 in 22 cal.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #27

Thanks for the input guys! I will check out the Sig and the others. 380 ammo is MUCH more $$ than the 22, that is one consideration, plus you can use the 22 in a semi-auto rifle and plink away, improving your aim and also possibly if needed, get small game with the 22".

And Victor, maybe to YOU (at 6'5") your 5'8" girlfriend is petite, but she towers over me. I'm 5'2".

Old 03-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzamora View Post
She doesn't have her concealed carry, so she's only ever played with carrying around the house with a holster not designed for it. However, she conceals it very well. Most importantly, she absolutely loves shooting it. She is petite (5'8" and 125lbs) and has absolutely no problems with it. However, she has also found ways of concealing my Px4 SubCompact in 9mm very well. She claims that it's not nearly as comfortable but she hides it very well even in fashionable clothes. About six girls have shot the P22, and they all love it. And for the guys, I'm 6'6" 235lbs and shoot the gun with utmost comfort.
not saying she is big but thats not petite. that is about the size of my wife. the average height of a women is around 5'5 or 5'6. shorter than that would be petite. i got a asian buddy that your girl could push around.

glad you like you p22(way better than the u22) i always like them but still got a buck mark today.

have you ever looked at a double stack 1911 might be better on your hand. they are wider. i have small hands and my 1911 fits perfect so i feel your pain from the other side of the tracks. plus my 1911 made me a better shooter on all weapons i have fired since.

and just cuz i have to.... the 1911 is the best handgun and the only pistol better than mine is another 1911..

Old 03-24-2011, 01:15 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthyne View Post
Thanks for the input guys! I will check out the Sig and the others. 380 ammo is MUCH more $$ than the 22, that is one consideration, plus you can use the 22 in a semi-auto rifle and plink away, improving your aim and also possibly if needed, get small game with the 22".

And Victor, maybe to YOU (at 6'5") your 5'8" girlfriend is petite, but she towers over me. I'm 5'2".
almost forgot about you..

the sig is a good little gun but a little up there in price and if you are going to that price kimber has the solo in a 9mm in the same price range but should use 147gr. from what i hear. but 9mm 147grain isnt that hard to find if you dont mind ordering ammo from the net.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hthyne, sorry about the miscommunication. You're right, she's definitely tall. My point was that she's very slender and wears clothes that fit tightly and had no troubles concealing around the house. Any lumps on her would be quite noticeable and she pulls off even my 9mm quite well.

About 380 ammo, I know where you're coming from. I refuse to buy 380 because for that price I could shoot 45ACP! The Ruger LC9 is another option. Get your hands on one ASAP, send it back for a free repair, and I've heard it's one of the best guns around.