My Second Gun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My Second Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Exactly where are you finding 9mm 1911s for $400???
Not sure, I thought that's what I was looking at. Obviously not. To be honest, though....I'm not even the biggest fan of 1911's. For $400 I could get a PT92 in 9mm. There's a conversion kit for that!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, looking at it now...I might end up getting the LC9 as my girlfriend's carry gun (she wanted an LCP but I wanted it in 9mm as 380 is about twice the cost to shoot). I might get the .22 soon and her LC9 whenever I scrape the cash together.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, guys, as much as I want a non raygun-style 22LR pistol...the U22 Neos is too cheap for me to pass up! It's like $240 from Bud's, and I can't find anything better for the price. I'm considering a Chiappa's 1911-22 as well....but it's not much cheaper than the GSG.

However, the GF is stuck between the 1911-22 and the U22...so I might just get the U22 because of the huge ($60 or 25%) price difference.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:43 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know, dead thread....but I hate threads that don't finish up properly.

I ended up buying an all black Walther P22 on February 25, and have 1740 rounds through it. I'm absolutely in love with that gun!! I definitely made the right choice.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #15

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
My buddy bought a Walther P22. It was a good fit for my hand, and I like my Colt Government for fit. It never had a fail to feed, jam or ejection issue in the 250 rounds we fired through it. Small and compact, it looks nothing like the Buckmark.
Winner, duner!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzamora View Post
I know, dead thread....but I hate threads that don't finish up properly.

I ended up buying an all black Walther P22 on February 25, and have 1740 rounds through it. I'm absolutely in love with that gun!! I definitely made the right choice.
The Walthers are good guns. I saw this thread after your well done closure, and as reading all I thought of was the Walther P22. How about a range report?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Alrighty then, range report.

Overall, the gun is amazing. Adjustable rear sight really helps, I feel like I'm really getting it dialed in. It's smooth, it hardly has a failure, and it fits GREAT in my hand. From standing with no artificial support, I'm getting groups of about 3' at 110 yards. I can hit a rock about 1'x4' about six times out of ten at 110yds, even though I realize that's NOT what it's been designed for.

My gun seems to REALLY hate Federal bulk pack bullets, but LOVES CCI bullets, Remington Thunderbolt, and even Remington Bulk. I think the Federal is too slow. QUITE often it wouldn't cycle a new round back into the chamber and required reracking the slide. I literally reracked 10 times in one magazine. REALLY annoying.

One thing about this gun and I wasn't warned. There's a plastic rod in every gun case that looks like the most useless thing on the planet. In all reality, it's about the opposite. It's used for reassembly.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely! My girlfriend is now so comfortable with it that she can take it apart without any hesitation, has become more confident around my Px4, and has even understood the process of cleaning a rifle. Seriously, the Walther P22 may have been the best decision I've made in a long while.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

HOLY CRAP!!! You don't like the way buckmarks look and you don't like 1911's......... I gave you two thumbs down!

Quote:
Overall, the gun is amazing. Adjustable rear sight really helps, I feel like I'm really getting it dialed in. It's smooth, it hardly has a failure, and it fits GREAT in my hand. From standing with no artificial support, I'm getting groups of about 3' at 110 yards. I can hit a rock about 1'x4' about six times out of ten at 110yds, even though I realize that's NOT what it's been designed for.
Wait...what? You shot your .22 pistol at 110yrds???? Why?

I'm glad you like your walther. Maybe let your girlfriend try the buckmark? I love mine and would put it up against any .22 out there.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #18

Congrats on the walther! After first reading your post I was thinking walther or Sig (which I have and really like).

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
HOLY CRAP!!! You don't like the way buckmarks look and you don't like 1911's......... I gave you two thumbs down!

Wait...what? You shot your .22 pistol at 110yrds???? Why?

I'm glad you like your walther. Maybe let your girlfriend try the buckmark? I love mine and would put it up against any .22 out there.

Believe me, I understand....I get made fun of consistently for disliking 1911's and Buckmarks. Believe me, I get it. I also get that for what they are, they're good and they do well...but it's very utilitarian. I don't want to buy something just because they're kinda good at what they do. The 1911 is a great design, and an incredible design to be 100 years old. However, there ARE better guns out there.

My girlfriend tried the Buckmark but wasn't impressed. She thinks the Neos is the prettiest, closely followed by the P22. I don't like the U22, so I got the P22....plus I found an AMAZING deal on it. It was $300 OTD, BNIB.

The reason I shoot at 110yds is because I shoot at Jefferson National Park public range, which is pistols and rifles. They have berms at 15, 25, 50, 75, 100, and the back wall is at 110. So I shoot at boulders at the back to test both myself and the gun. I know the ammo is capable of small groups, because I shoot it through my 22 rifle (Mossberg 702, highly recommended...picked it up for $99). It's kind of my show-off thing to do

Old 03-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #20

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I just picked up a used P22 for $200 and mine has the OD frame. I love it so far!

You are really grouping 3" at 330 feet?! That seems a bit insane.

Edit: oh 3 feet not 3 inches. That seems more believable.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course