My new Glock 23 (40 cal.) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My new Glock 23 (40 cal.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Let us know what you think of the glock compared to the xd, trigger,ergos,sights,accuracy,etc...

How much easier is this to conceal than the xd? They're both pretty blocky. What is the weight difference?

Thanks!

Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Enjoy it! I have a 17 and a 37 and love them both. For concealed, I have to go to my Taurus PT745. It is small, easy to hide, but super accurate and reliable. Gotta love a .45.

Dave

Old 03-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

After taking it out this Saturday, I discovered that my Glock 23 is a really nice pistol, with not much recoil. The 40 S&W round isn't bad to shoot at all. I really like the 45 ACP round, so smaller rounds were a step down recoil wise. I had one failure to eject, but I that's part of the break in process. It was fun to shoot and I can't wait to get out there again. I want to use it as my CCW once I get the permit. Here is my short review and some video and pics as well. Enjoy!

Johnny 5.56: Glock 23 Review

g23-woods.jpg  

Old 03-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Let us know what you think of the glock compared to the xd, trigger,ergos,sights,accuracy,etc...

How much easier is this to conceal than the xd? They're both pretty blocky. What is the weight difference?

Thanks!
The Glock 23 is a lot easier to conceal and weighs less as well.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

From the picture your Glock looks like a RTF model. How do you like that finish?

We have been selling .45 and .40 cal. range ammunition for around the same price, although, lately we are having trouble finding .45 ammo of any flavor. How is in in your area?

IMHO I don't think there is too much difference in recoil between the .45 and .40. The 40 is a little snappier but both calibers are a pleasure to shoot.

Looks like you are surrounded by woods. In the spring and summer I like to stroll around the woods with the Glock shooting toadstools. When I spot one, I stop, aim, and Glock it. This is good practice for judging distance and angles. Good all around practice and the ground offers a safe backstop.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 03-01-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #16

I think you made a fine purchase. The G-23 is an excellent pistol. I had a 1st generation G-23 back in the day and it performed very well (The only problem I ever had was also stovepiping, but I think that was more to do with my lack of good shooting posture than on the gun's part).

I'm mulling over whether to get a newer one myself (actually leaning toward the SIG-229 just because I've never owned a SIG.)

Again, excellent choice, you can't go wrong.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
From the picture your Glock looks like a RTF model. How do you like that finish?

We have been selling .45 and .40 cal. range ammunition for around the same price, although, lately we are having trouble finding .45 ammo of any flavor. How is in in your area?

IMHO I don't think there is too much difference in recoil between the .45 and .40. The 40 is a little snappier but both calibers are a pleasure to shoot.

Looks like you are surrounded by woods. In the spring and summer I like to stroll around the woods with the Glock shooting toadstools. When I spot one, I stop, aim, and Glock it. This is good practice for judging distance and angles. Good all around practice and the ground offers a safe backstop.
Pricewise, I realize that the .40 S&W round isn't drastically less expensive than the 45 ACP round, but there is a decent price difference. I picked up some 165 gr. Speer Lawman (box of 50) for $14 from AIM and most 45 ACP ammo cost around $20-25. The .40 S&W ammo may be more available for now as well. As far as in store availability, Dick's and Wally world have it at the higher prices $25+. The .40 S&W is more expensive in store as well. i do most of my ammo shopping online.

The weight of my Springfield XD45 made for some smooth shooting, so the G23 does have a bit more "snappitude", but nothing bad. I really like it.

Yeah, the woods are a fun place to shoot until the summer in the South, when the woods become a sauna and all the creepy crawlies come out.

Tags
40 caliber, glock 23, handgun, pistol