Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My impressions of gun stores and folks who seem to be "enthusiasts"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Ya, I got the invite from Ron Paul, who is my world is a whack job that always gets government hand outs and then doesnt vote for them when he knows the bill will be passed anyways. Thats the chicken S&*^ way of doing business in washington, and I wouldnt want him as my poster child
Anna darling.. my post was meant as a joke. Ron Paul has retired as of last January (BTW.. his last official part affiliation was Republican...) so how he's the Libertarian Party "poster child" is kinda a reach... During the last election the Libertarians' ran Governor Gary Johnson as their presidential candidate; http://www.lp.org/candidates-12 ... and the reason I keep voting for them and pushing the platform is because it's closer to what represents my views than any other political party EVER has. http://www.lp.org/platform

I would suggest to anyone else feeling disenfrancised politically by the 2 major parties to read the links and at least consider them as a viable alternative come next election.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #52

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 691

There are a lot of old fat guys here, too. You might learn a thing or two free from them unlike the guys behind the counter at the small LGS or big chain who are trying to sell you something with a fat commission for them. Learn all you can, don't trust the salesman to choose what's best for you.

Honestly, low information buyers deserve whatever a salesman foists off them! (Not singling anyone out, just speaking in general.) And racism isn't exclusive to older folks.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #53

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
I'm one of those whack job tea party conservatives who believes in smallest government as possible, and leave us alone kind of people. To me that is the middle ground
Most of us here are in love with you, Anna! Please run for office, we need you!

A shame more in Washington don't go along with the small government philosophy instead of big tax, big brother, big spend.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2176 Times on 1120 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
..heh
I've run into the type they are talking about. It's like if you shoot anything smaller than <insert manly caliber here> then you are not a real big dog shooter and need to stay on the porch. I've always thought that was really stupid and can only advise people when they ask me about calibers to go with what they can shoot best. a 22 might not be a big man stopper per se but I'll take it in a pinch. Revolver guys it's usually a 357. Auto loaders it's a 45ACP. I like to make examples of many of these types as they might have the "big man caliber" but can not hot the broad side of their own ass with it in their back pocket. So in these cases that big man stopper is of little to no use. I guess it's a good thing I rarely go to public ranges any more.
So, by implication, my .45 acp CCO (I don't have a .357 carry gun, yet...) must mean I fall into the "type they are talking about"?
You realize of course, stereotyping thing works both ways, right? Yeah, you're doing it too.
Without getting into specifics, I won't question anyone's manhood based on what they choose to carry. Judgement maybe, not manhood. Does that still make me "type they are talking about?"
NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
So, by implication, my .45 acp CCO (I don't have a .357 carry gun, yet...) must mean I fall into the "type they are talking about"?
You realize of course, stereotyping thing works both ways, right? Yeah, you're doing it too.
Without getting into specifics, I won't question anyone's manhood based on what they choose to carry. Judgement maybe, not manhood. Does that still make me "type they are talking about?"
Overkill... I've noticed a lot of your post reflect that you take things very personally. People have bad and good days.. and they all have a right to their opinions... But turning things into an accusational situation will not make many friends. My advice is to get a thicker skin during these threads on the FTF and think of them as conversations around a campfire. Simply because we are online instead of face to face is no excuse for not being considerate and social to one another.
Walking around and picking fights is no way to live and be happy man.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1428 Times on 782 Posts
Likes Given: 307

I have seen some first class creepy people who are fellow gun enthusiasts. As long as everybody is safe minded, I'm fine with that

Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Overkill... I've noticed a lot of your post reflect that you take things very personally. People have bad and good days.. and they all have a right to their opinions... But turning things into an accusational situation will not make many friends. My advice is to get a thicker skin during these threads on the FTF and think of them as conversations around a campfire. Simply because we are online instead of face to face is no excuse for not being considerate and social to one another.
Walking around and picking fights is no way to live and be happy man.
Picking fights? Wait, walking around, where'd you get walking around? I simply pointed out an unfortunate turn of phrase that could be considered insulting, atr least that's how I viewed it. I didn't name call or insult anyone. I simply pointed something out that I didn't really care for, in what I thought was a restrained and reasonably civil tone. If you have a problem with that, you might wish to check your skin thickness. I mean because "we all have a right to our opinions," right?
NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 10-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Picking fights? Wait, walking around, where'd you get walking around? I simply pointed out an unfortunate turn of phrase that could be considered insulting, atr least that's how I viewed it. I didn't name call or insult anyone. I simply pointed something out that I didn't really care for, in what I thought was a restrained and reasonably civil tone. If you have a problem with that, you might wish to check your skin thickness. I mean because "we all have a right to our opinions," right?
... I'm so glad you took the time to have some thoughtful self-reflection and consideration for others there.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1428 Times on 782 Posts
Likes Given: 307

.....and yet another thread dissolves into.....whatever this is..........

People Like This 
Old 10-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
... I'm so glad you took the time to have some thoughtful self-reflection and consideration for others there.
Sarcasm?? (no green shading, or little eye roll smiley, so I can only assume based on the context from your previous post.)
Somewhat odd, considering your alleged problem with the tone of my earlier postings. FWIW, I didn't really mean to metaphorically pee on the metaphorical campfire. Beyond that, if you don't feel I stuck the appropriately apologetic tone, well... I'm certain you will eventually get over it.

Quote:
.....and yet another thread dissolves into.....whatever this is..........
Oh come on, it's not that bad. If this is the most contentious exchange you see this week, you're doing OK (and you likely didn't watch any TV.) At the very worst, this has been a bit odd.
NRA Life Member